Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'd be killed

Re: I'd be killed

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Oh my God Darryl!!!!! what a shed I think the big 5 tackle shops have strategicly built their stores close to you.

I am picturing you jumping off your boat into a pile of unopened (mabey a few exposed) lures and plastics and doing the starfish in the middle!!!

Theo, Your right, your own pooltable needs to be out of whack...but you should be the only one who know the 'roll'....once ya mates get used to it....move it again!!...its the only way to keep the upperhand!!

NAGG....soooo your a batchelor right .ha ha....if that were my house....the rods would be broken by the kids and the lures would be lodged (stinger and all) by the wife somehere where I would have trouble removing them from!!!

My gear is confined to the shed too.....as is most married with kids crew!

Top thread...I will post some pics soon of my shed, with my NEW underwater camera that the wife suggested we get!!!....for taking pics of the kids at the beach etc of course he he he....sucker

Steve
    Yes mate ..... a bachelor these days ( the ex's never understood....... even when I had the shed)
    I have to admit ..... Its a bit worst than normal with an upcoming barra tour.

Sitting here yesterday after a glass or two of red ....... I had a chuckle to my self & thought ....... "man you would have been skinned in years gone by" - then I started watching the DVD again

Its one of those light hearted topics that I reckon everyone can relate to ... in one way or another.

Chris

PS ..... Its always beneficial when the missus thinks she has made a good decision ......... everyone needs an underwater camera

PPS ..... things didn't get any better Attachment 52956
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Geewizz Daryl, your shed looks like Roo & Kim upended their tackle case into it.

Steve

becarefull chris someone will find something in this one if ya not carefull

Holy smokes D, I thought I had issues!!
    I had a cull back in December/January, and got rid of a few shiny things that looked noice, but werent being used, plus a few other things that just werent up to scratch.
    Mind you, Im back into bad habits again, a MG50 last week for the bass, and just picked up one of those Zills for 250 off of Ward in the classifieds, quite happy with that one.
    I'll post some pics later, got a pile of fire wood stashed in the shed for the next run up with the boys, it will make ya drool Chris.

My tackle is all stored in under the house, and on the back deck, and in my room, and in my car, and at my mates place. I think fishing tackle is subject to osmosis, ie tackle at high concentrations will naturally spread out until evenly dispersed.

I reached a tackle equalibrium of soughts a couple of years ago where my tackle supply sought of stopped getting bigger. Doesn't mean I don't buy stuff anymore but my rate of purchase seems to have leveled out with my rate of use/loss. I find it funny now how much tackle you actually need and how much you think you need. For example, when going to a new location you have no idea what works so naturally most of the collection ends up getting packed into a variety of trays and boxs and then proceeds in cluttering up the boat for the duration of the trip. in reallity you probably only give 10 lures a go compared to the hundred that you (or at least i do) drag along. Conversely i went for an early morning bass fish off the bank last week where everything i took fitted in my pockets. I took 5 hardbodies, some scissors, pliers, leader and i was sweet, didn't need for anything the whole time. I suppose it helps that my attitude towards luring has changed aswell. Instead of giving a lure a bash for a few minutes before changing it I persist with the same lure with the mentality that it is capable of catching fish, what i need to change is how/where i am delivering the lure to the fish. I am endeavouring to cull out alot of the unnesicary lures from my collection (by losing them to fish, it seems cruel not to at least give them a run) and further refine my tackle collection to what is necissary.

here is my shed!!!! and a view from the back window of the shed...I love having a beer, tinkering with lures, playing with the kids and enjoying the view!!!!

cheers Steve

And theres a pick from the new underwater camera....pretty self explanatory!!!
    cant wait to get it in some nice clear water and get some fishy pickies!!!

here is my shed!!!! and a view from the back window of the shed...I love having a beer, tinkering with lures, playing with the kids and enjoying the view!!!!

cheers Steve

And theres a pick from the new underwater camera....pretty self explanatory!!!
    cant wait to get it in some nice clear water and get some fishy pickies!!!
    packed with man toys too ...... hey those pics look great of the kids -
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    packed with man toys too ...... hey those pics look great of the kids -

theres a big pile of retangle yellow boxes down the middle of the boats too...ready for holidays.....geez I need a holiday!!

yeah the pics come up all right, I am toying with the settings to get the best pics. its 12.2mp, 3m water proof, 6ft shockproof, $380 to my door from O/S..with 8gb card....panasonic DMC-T1...sweet camera.

Steve

Steve

I know you probably already know this and it is not relevant. The rods against the wall in your shed - is it the southern wall? Sun on a tin wall builds up a hell of a lot of heat on the inside and with rods being so close damage to rods, lines,etc might occur. Not trying to be a smart arse and it looks like there may be another building shading that side.

Nice shed by the way.

Steve

I guess we all have a area where we escape to to do our Tinkering and collect useless bits, complete with a fridge although I'll have to get a TV
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Steve

I know you probably already know this and it is not relevant. The rods against the wall in your shed - is it the southern wall? Sun on a tin wall builds up a hell of a lot of heat on the inside and with rods being so close damage to rods, lines,etc might occur. Not trying to be a smart arse and it looks like there may be another building shading that side.

Nice shed by the way.

Steve

Actually Steve, I never thought of that to tell the truth...but you might be onto something there. yes southern side, and no shade....mmm might be a restructure going on....the babies might move indoors...oh dear....as NAGGS title goes.....Id be killed

Thanks for the advice...good stuff.

Steve

Actually Steve, I never thought of that to tell the truth...but you might be onto something there. yes southern side, and no shade....mmm might be a restructure going on....the babies might move indoors...oh dear....as NAGGS title goes.....Id be killed

Steve
    No worries mate. I was shocked to find a plastic jug had melted in my shed that was sitting against a wall. Need to look after the toys. Mine are in the shed, but on a rack in the middle of the shed away from any walls and roof.

Probably some fibro, timber or insulation between your rods and the wall would be a good fix for your shed and save you getting them chopped off by the missus instead of being just disconnected.

Cheers
    Steve

Steve
    no no remodleing required i got mine on the wall with pine to help it out away from the wall a little i wil get some photos and put them up tomorrow if i can

Chris, Chris, i was not going to post on this thread but it got the better of me

I was widowed eight years ago and since that time, as my son had left home, the fishing tackle started to build up inside my house

It has become so obvious that there is no one but me living here, and no, i will not post any pictures, i don't want to show every one how much gear i have inside, not to mention what's in the garage Put it this way if visitors come they generally have to stay at a motel nearby.

When one considers, the barra gear, the bass gear, the jack gear, the plastic snapper gear, holy hell where does it end

I think Chris may have a small notion of what i am on about

Cheers,
    John.

John, perfectly understandable.
    The only thing that limits me is my lack of income, and the pay mistress Im married to!