Thread: trailer hemmant

trailer hemmant

hi guys,i had my dunbier boat trailer stolen from hemmant boat ramp on the night of the 28th october.it has a frame with the lights and rego plate above the boat,permanently fixed to the trailer.it has been reported stolen to the police.
    so maybe keep an eye on your things if you go down that way.
    support your local commercial fisher,its never too late!!

Re: trailer hemmant

Hi mate
    That sux big time, probably your worst fear when coming back to the ramp. If there is any justice then maybe they will become one with the bottom of the ocean.
    Mark

i hope karma gets them,i use the dinghy to access my trawler further up the creek.so im at work while these tools are knocking off someones work gear.very poor form!

I have this on my trailers and never have to worry

http://www.ausfish.com.au/directories/listing.php?id=77

thats a good idea joe,how much did that set you back?i was thinking with the next trailer,which is just a homemade 1,running 2 safety chains with locks in them and putting a lock in the hitching bitty.i was looking at the other locks that mount over the whole lot but you cant drive with them on,i use the trailer a lot so that would be a pain but better than no trailer i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by fisher28 View Post
    thats a good idea joe,how much did that set you back?i was thinking with the next trailer,which is just a homemade 1,running 2 safety chains with locks in them and putting a lock in the hitching bitty.i was looking at the other locks that mount over the whole lot but you cant drive with them on,i use the trailer a lot so that would be a pain but better than no trailer i guess.

Just had a look at the website and the alarm comes well priced at 200 bickies.

thanks guys,ill have a look,hope the same doesnt happen to you'se!

good stuff Joe, i saw these demonstrated by Joe at the baot show and would be well worth the investment for that little more deterent, obviously ip people want it they will find a way and an alarm in the dead of night at a quiet boat ramp might not do it but it might be enuf to spook em. cheers Lee
    ps Joe, i will come and see you soon and get one for my girl once she is finished, cheers

Thanks Guys

If anyone is interested in a demo all you have to do is call me :0418 886 586

Joe

I might mention that you can pick one up from the northside (Bracken Ridge) or Southside (Wellington Point).
    These have been tested by the RACQ tech services and also approved by Club Marine.

Cheers