Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning Northside - Boat Thief At Work!!

Re: Warning Northside - Boat Thief At Work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Rider View Post
    levinge,

yes mate, welded at both ends of the hinge with gap fillers between to prevent hacksaw access

cheers, HR
    Excellent work...

The harder we make it for them, the longer it takes, the less likely that they will even attempt it. The low lifes are just after a quick connect and bugger off with the boat.

One good thing, the more people who read threads like this and take on the advice, the less we will see in the "lost and stolen" link
    Fillet and Release Squad

With the advent of decent battery operated tools these days and ultra thin cutting discs a lot of us need to rethink our security . New tools are quiet and quick and even cheapo bolt cutters will do most chain unless it is hardened. Reasonable quality tools have come down significantly and even cobaltt drills etc are so much more affordale

Sometimes bulk and a muck metal, or cast surrounding a hardened core may be bulky on a trailer hitch but will take them extra time.

Gotta think like a thief and recent ones I have hear of they bypass the security devices with ratchet spanners to remove wheel nuts and wheel lock, straps to tow without removing trailer hitch ( they don't care about tow cars bumper as it is also stolen)

Opportunity for better design or update to hitch locks to stop acces to small angle grinder blades or dremens with carbide burrs .

Won't be long before there is small battery welder you will blow through most metal security aids in seconds so maybe composites will be required

You are very right mate. Its hard, I have just started storing my trailer in the front yard. I have a 10mm SWR attaching the trailer to my house, a trailer lock, a chain running through the wheels on my trailer, and a loving 45kg German Shepherd that is able to keep an eye on it all. It sucks that you have to go that far....

Good on you for chasing them off!!!!!

Be aware they may be back.
    I'd suggest putting it on blocks and removing the wheels for a little while.