Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jetski Fishing Chat Board

Re: Jetski Fishing Chat Board

Hi Sina

Out this morning at Peel till 11 and perhaps 4am tomorrow from Jacobs Well

How did you go out at Peel this morning?
    I was up at 330 this morn for a surf at Straddie so might be struggling to get up at 4am tomorrow. Could be keen little later otherwise be keen to arrange another time.
    I'm heading to Noosa the following weekend to meet some friends over from Adelaide. Might try out some the local reefs that way. You had any experience up there?

Greg, the sounder is mounted on a RAM mount fixed to the bottom of the drink holder in the dash

Sina, launching at Victoria Point at 4.30am. We'll be around Peel of the Rainbow Channel till around 11am. Lincoln

I didn't get out until about 10am after conning a friend to come our for a spin. I didn't take the eski rig out, just for a cruise in the bay.
    I launched at Cleveland Point and saw a FXHO with fishing rig on back leaving the ramp. That didn't happen to be you did it?
    I am tied up for the next weekends but am free again 28/29 Nov and would be keen to arrange something then.

Hey Sina, if it was the double boat ramp with the centre pontoon at Victoria Point then it would have been me. We tried Peel, Rainbow channel and off Raby Bay - few squire and flatties but nothing to write home about. Was good to test the anchor system in a striong current - worked well - and with the heavens opening up it was good to give the setup a good workout in the slop at speed - all worlked well. PM me when you're available to go out......28/29 look OK

Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Fushn View Post
    I'm keen to make contact with other mad fisho's who have, or have thought about trying fishing from a jet ski. Perhaps Mr Webmaster could set up a JetSki Fishing chat board for us to make contact, swap ideas, setups, etc etc.

While it's still fringe - a bit like kayak fishing was in the early 90's - having tried it I'm convinced we've only scratched the surface and there is real potential. From the discussions I've had on boat ramps, there's lot of interest (perhaps it's only curiosity ) out there. I know it's popular in South Africa, has a following in the US and across the ditch and there area few fishskis around SE QLD.

I've just set up a Yamaha FX HO and, after some major trial and error, have a setup which is very fishable.

For those of you who hate inconsiderate jetski hoons - and as a long time fisho I do too - that's not what we are about and the kit we carry doesn't mix well with donuts, 180's etc.

Fushn
    Fellow Fisho's, There is a company in Brisbane making jet ski fishing packs and endurance packs to suit jet skis. Moreton Marine Stainless at Brendale has them and Custom Jet Skis are selling them as complete packages. The packages are $899.00 which I thought was good value and are very good quality. Pack includes esky, utility box, 5 rod holders in stainless frame and all tie downs. Check it out.

Thanks, I'll ceck it out

how do they go fishing with two people ??????
    im very interested in this ??

now im getting really curious.

At a pinch two people could work trolling or at a pinch one person driving and the other one flicking plastics or lures but that's about it - unless you're both 5ft and under 65kg. I'd use a boat for two or more unless you're very good friends :-)

Cheers, Lincoln

I once thought of jetski's as annoying rubbish. (I've had them circle around boat in the barron river while fishing with my son )

Anyway, While at tinaroo camping, our friends had a new kawa jetski and asked if I wanted a run. I tell you what, they could not get me off it! What fun when used in a proper manor. We did some lure casting from it and yabbying also, 2 people, no drama. We both thought it would be great fishing the reef with it. Might be a bit far though, bout 27k. Got to be a super flat day i guess, hitting a wave at 70milehour would suck .

Rob

I promised some photos of Fushski......

Wow, what an awesome setup!

Thanks,
    Rob

Have tried fishing two on a ski last summer, it was OK for something to do but the novelty wore off pretty quick, getting in each others way, banging rods, tangles etc (Flickin plastics on that day)....bit hard to tolerate when you're used to a centre consul with oodles of fishing room....the guy I went out with usually goes with his kid which he reackins is so not so bad; but two adults... its not the go IMO

Good fun for solo fishing though... I would imagine...

Hi. I live on the gold coast and both me and my son have set up our jet ski's for fishing. We have the NZ Chilly bin set up which we got from Daytona Power sports at Nerang for $695 each. They are clip on clip off (a couple of minutes to do). Hope to see a few other Jet Ski fisho out on the water. John