As the title suggests the misses and I have just spent a week at Lake Dartmouth in nothern Victoria.

We go up around this time every year and if you've already been there you will know just how special a place it is. If you haven't then do a google earth of the place to get an understanding of its special isolation.

The drive in to the camping area is long and slow to say the least. A good three hours from the nearest town. We had the place to ourselves for most of the week until the usual football team turned up.

The fishing for trout was ok and much better than the week before when only one fish was caught by the campers that I questioned in the area. I troll tassie devils in various favourite colours until that is lost then I have to find another favourite colour. That , to me, is generally how it goes. I think I've struck gold with say a black colour with sparkles then I'll loose it and try pink and the same will happen. Don't think I will ever work it out except to keep on trying different colours till you find one that works then stick to it.

A lot of people troll with the cow bell ford fender type rig which I don't like because you can't really fight the fish with all that weight on the line. Also it can get expensive if you start losing the things. I just flat line with the devils and keep it simple.

Nothing like being able to camp with the boat tied up in front of the tent then step in and troll for hours without seeing anyone with no signs of civilization around . Those dozen and a half trout should be smoking well at the butchers by now too.

If you want any further details then send a pm.

Cheers