Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duel Cab Ute - options?

Re: Duel Cab Ute - options?

yeah i was going to have a look at them too but i havn't been able to find any second hand ones around here... i think it'll just be a case of finding something at the right price..

Cheers, Nidrac.

You B######S.....now I'm looking for an extracab.....

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.

anyone got a pic of an extracab

mine when i bought it

I know you said you had a budget of 20K.

IMO...... buying secondhand, ya buy someone elses problems....

SO for an extra 13 you could get a brand new one that suits all your requirements. With the current interest rates, tax benefits if you are able and the bonus of 3 year warranties.... and no maintenance problems.

Remembering, that the mere mention o 4 x 4 to a mechanic adds $1000 to the repair bill.

for 33k............. have a squizz:-

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=152551

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Yerh but that is still an extra 13 big ones....and we don't all have a large tax bill we can of set against.

With some care, patience a a bit of good luck...you can pick up a pretty tidy hilux for 20 large.

ya just need to steer away from anything that has been up the mines or otherwise flogged.

Remember T'ville is a "go to town" and probaly near half the cars there are 4WD's......hilux's and navara's there are pretty thick on the ground............and quite a few of them don't see much hard work.

Yeh and with this stimulous thing.....there are plenty of blokes (like phill) that don't need a new truck... but have baught one anyway.

Big brother just picked up a late model 4.2l turbo diesel patrol ute with everything that opens and shuts and all the good mods, with under 100 000k......for $21large........it was a boss plumbers "work ute" that looked like it had never had a shovel in the back.........he's very happy with the "cumphy truck".....but he earned it......he's been looking for 2 months.

The good cars are definitely out there.......you just have to be wise and patient.....and do the work looking.

cheers

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

mate you might have to lose a couple of yrs on the ute or find a bit more cash but toyota wrote the book mate and they still dont need a second company to help them build a mighty top of the range 4x4 i can tell you i have done over 1000,000 ks on my old l/cruiser and ive towed a 20 ft hains all over ausie to not a breakdown have a good hunt around mate you might get a hilux you like it will outlast a new navara i bet me lefty on it hilly

Thanks for everyones responses... yeah as oldboot said phill thats 13k i just don't have and pushing much past 20k would be a bit of a strech atm and if i get a new car i won't want to get it dirty.. I have been looking around a bit and have found a 01 model cruser for 20k but has 300,000+ on the clock but still looks in top condition.. is it wise to by something like this or is that just asking for truble??

Cheers, Nidrac.

I recon 300 000 is a bit much unless it has had a rebuild.

Yeh some of these mine & rental trucks can look pretty tidy.... but the drive train is flogged.

You will pay quite a lot more for a cruser than a hilux....afterall a cruser is twice the price of a hilux new.

What you realy want is one that was someones pride & joy...they are there....."patience grasshopper"

One of the car yards here has an 04 hilux single cab diesel with bullbar and canopy.. with arround 150 000....and they have $17G on it.....its been there for two months that I know of.....looks realy tidy.....except for the teltales......lots of stonechips on the front of the rear mudguards..and this weird canopy.....its come from the mines for sure and will have done all its miles hard.
    No one wants to touch it at that price.

But I saw a much earlier model at a car just down the road..more K's, not white, looked like someone loved it....$16 1/2G.......it lasted 3 days.

cheers

yeah i don't like the idea of getting any company cars, i know how much our company cars get flogged and we drive them 90% on road so i'd hate to see what they do at the mines... yeah i know cruisers are very pricy but you get what you pay for i suppose.. from the ones i know people have you can't kill them so didn't know if it'd still be alright at 300k, probably keep looking... don't want to take the risk..

Cheers, Nidrac.

I think youll be able to get a good 1 for those $$. My dads thinking of selling his td hilux dualcab in the new year for around that. Just keep looking and youll find 1.