Thread: Thieves!

Thieves!

After work on Friday I decided to put a few pots out from the Clontarf boat ramp in the hope of getting a few sandies. Went for a bit of a fish after dropping them and checked them on the way home, only 1 keeper quite a few jennies. Got back to the ramp about 11pm. Got out on the water first thing this morning to check them and all 4 pots were no where to be seen, some germ has helped himself to my pots!

I don't put pots out all that often but when I do and stuff like this happens it is definately a kick to the guts.

Checking someone elses pots is extremely poor form but actually pinching someones run of pots is unbelievable. I know it probably happens all the time though. My new clearly visible $5.99/each floats must have been to tempting to these mongrels.

It's enough to make a man want to commence stake outs and dish out his own version of the law to these people!

Anyway, I will try not to let it ruin my weekend!

Re: Thieves!

macca i know how u feel,put 10 pots out yesterday arvo with a couple of mates,left them for 15 minutes done a run for 4 keepers,went back this mornin got 5 keepers all up but every pot had been checked,give u the shits,but i guess the pots where still there,shifted them so hopefully will get some tommorrow
    cheers rosco

Re: Thieves!

IMHO it's a brave man who leaves pots in overnight

Mike