Thread: Snapper in the Webber

Snapper in the Webber

I had a nice Snapper cooked whole (almost) in the Weber last night, while I am not a huge fan of whole baked fish, this came out a treat, all I did was clean it (scale really good) cut off the head (so it would fit) and put a couple of slits in the side, a bit of salt and lemon juice and a spray of oil, I have a genuine Webber and it has the heat beads in two half round tray things, so I just got them hot, moved them to one each side, put an alfoil tray in the centre and laid the fish over the tray, when almost done (didn't take very long" I flipped it directly over the coals to give it a "crust" a bit more lemon juice and it was done, tasted fantastic, no secret rubs, marinades or sauces or anything, how simple huh?

Re: Snapper in the Webber

Noel, did you put it in foil? If not was there any problem with it sticking to the grill bars? Do you have an estimate of time and weight?

thanks
    Adam

nope, no foil, I would reckon weight was about 2.5KG and only took about 30mins total, maybe less if you were to keep an eye on it and take off at exactly the right time, but I just set it up and had a wild guess at the time to place on top of the coals to crisp the skin.

Thanks Noel, I got a little Pearlie 1.5kg yesterday and I think I will try the same.