Thread: Bravo B2500 Timing belt

Bravo B2500 Timing belt

The timing belt on my is nearly due for replacement in 3000klms and am considering on doing the belt myself. I have done a diesel 2.8 hilux and am wondering how much difference there is to replacing the belt on the bravo compared to the hilux.
    I am aware the timing has to be correct but with the hilux you could lock the fuel pump with a screw driver but can the same be done with the bravo and what problems could I run into?

cheers Bob

Re: Bravo B2500 Timing belt

Mate get a few quotes on doing it. Im pretty sure they are only an hours work on them. Save yourself the hassle as it shouldn't cost much. Pretty sure you don't need to take the bottom balancer off and the t belt covers just clip on (similar to th 1hz). If you have a fax i could send you the replacement procedure and timing mark picture.

Hey Perko what program or book you using to get that info?

Greg, I subscribe to boyce's auto libray. It is very good with all specs, efi troubleshooting and test procedures, service schedules, wheel alignment specs etc. Costs about $900 a year but we would be lost without it in our business. If you ever need info just get me the details and a fax number and i can get it no worries.

Bob, fax has been sent.

Quote Originally Posted by perko View Post
    Greg, I subscribe to boyce's auto libray. It is very good with all specs, efi troubleshooting and test procedures, service schedules, wheel alignment specs etc. Costs about $900 a year but we would be lost without it in our business. If you ever need info just get me the details and a fax number and i can get it no worries.

Bob, fax has been sent.

Hey Perko,

hahaha I work for the opposition company "Autodata Australia" and wondered which one you used. Have you used our program before?

The feed back with in the industry is that Autodata leaves the other data programs for dead and our twice a year program updates are extensive due to huge production team we have across the globe. Opposition companies can not come close to matching this and Autodata will move forward strongly in to the future.

As you say these software programs are an essential part of any Automotive business now.

Regards,
    Greg

Good one Greg, I thought you were looking for some info, but sounds like it should be the other way round. I will have a look at the Autodata when this subscription expires. Didn't know you were involved in this crazy industry too.