Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Beer and Barra Fishing

Re: Beer and Barra Fishing

Noicely voiced Kim

No thats whats it's all about well said Kimmy

Look close @ what has happened over the last year or so

A Nagg travels with a volley man , and now the Nagg becomes a QLD er

A daryl, well stays a daryl but not without a miss-hap and a Mondy Map layout

A deano becomes A Princess

A Steve Becomes a Glue tester, and raises a moon after a ball tearing affair
    A Kimmy poses with a great smile even when there's a crack in the lense

A dave become the new Ausfish Barossa Valley

A Nipsta becomes a dada for no.2 and the red claw cook

A Poiter nails the first mondy barra , and finally rolls a smoke

A Roo see's sideways, and nails a PB barra, and teaches boat driving to kimmy

A whitto marks his territory and a silver back is born

A Apollo gets a win in a fly comp

A BR65 launches a new tactic we know when he's is going

A Robbersl discloses his affinity with Mr Ed

A Big Ren becomes a guide and steers the lads onto a feast of fish, then provides lake side sausage sizzles

A Tropicaltrout , becomes a biatch for a prinny and finally uses a SP

A TonyM changes his boat more then most change clothes yet even in the face of dismay turns up to Borumba rental and all

A Setthehook turn up to a muster and finally get out of the tent:lipsrsealed: to take home the trophy

A Obi-Wan has a life changing op and will grace us once again with his wisdom after a speedy recovery

And what has all this got in common????? we all where there to share it in one way or another, and that's what this site along with fishing has done amazing hey....

Nath

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    I have made more true friends through this site and fishing than in all other areas of my life(work/school etc). Not just the m&g crew but Joe(Archer) and The Chew's also. You treat me as one of the boys and I really appreciate it.
    Cheers Kim.
    Try turning up without RR and see how we treat you

Just kidding Kim, you are a top shelf chick.

I am happy to answer to Pete's question

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Try turning up without RR and see how we treat you

Steve
    Steve I wouldn't be game enough, I know i'd be sent home in disgrace!!

Nath that's GOLD!!!!!

Wow I hadn't realised how much we had all shared in such a short while. It feels like I've known you all forever......(in a good way )

Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    Maybe I should take up drinking My stats can't get much worse at the moment
    I have made more true friends through this site and fishing than in all other areas of my life(work/school etc). Not just the m&g crew but Joe(Archer) and The Chew's also. You treat me as one of the boys and I really appreciate it. I think the ever growing group that keeps turning up to the m&g's is a true testament to our passion for fishing but also the friendships/mateship that has developed. I for one am not prepared to give up what we have because of a few na sayers who think we're all in need of elite mentoring. I don't drink at most of the m&g's and have just as much fun as those that do.
    Cheers Kim.

ahaaaaaaa come on guys, this is starting to sound like a group therapy session., wheres the HTFU, lets fish hard, drink ha........ Ok then come on group hugs everyone.

Mark

Isn't fishing great!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    No thats whats it's all about well said Kimmy

A Big Ren becomes a guide and steers the lads onto a feast of fish, then provides lake side sausage sizzles

A TonyM changes his boat more then most change clothes yet even in the face of dismay turns up to Borumba rental and all

A Setthehook turn up to a muster and finally get out of the tent:lipsrsealed: to take home the trophy

A Obi-Wan has a life changing op and will grace us once again with his wisdom after a speedy recovery

And what has all this got in common????? we all where there to share it in one way or another, and that's what this site along with fishing has done amazing hey....

Nath
    Wow ...... so much has happened in such a short timeframe - Thanks for reminding us Nath.
    But you know what ....... best of all - It just keeps getting better & the friendships grow stronger ( I've made more friends through here in the past couple of years than in any other part of my life)
    I've shared a deck with a good number of those mentioned & hope to do the same with many others .........
    When you consider that the first Mondy Muster was only 13 months ago & from that we have spawned the BASH & SESSIONS ....... & for pretty well no other reason than enjoying each others company.
    Finally ....... hey haven't some great fish been caught along the way - How many PBs

Cheers

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    ahaaaaaaa come on guys, this is starting to sound like a group therapy session., wheres the HTFU, lets fish hard, drink ha........ Ok then come on group hugs everyone.

Mark

Isn't fishing great!!!!!!!!
    Mark

I was thinking the same on sunday afternoon. Couple mates sharing the spoils of their fishing toil with their families. BBQ fish, side dishes, beer/wine. laughs - can it get any better.

Steve

PS, hug me and I will end you Kimmie excepted

Thumbs up Re: Beer and Barra Fishing

clarif
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    I still think the photo is out of focus
    Well that's the Beer goggles

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Damn, And i thought I'd picked it....I was gonna say that one of the empty chairs looked like Daryl's missing chair from the somerset sessions.
    Where is my bloody chair you Bassards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Hands up everyone who loves Kim...............

Pete
    You blokes do know her old man reads this right

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post

A Setthehook turn up to a muster and finally get out of the tent to take home the trophy

Nath
    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Wow ...... so much has happened in such a short timeframe - Thanks for reminding us Nath.
    But you know what ....... best of all - It just keeps getting better & the friendships grow stronger ( I've made more friends through here in the past couple of years than in any other part of my life)
    I've shared a deck with a good number of those mentioned & hope to do the same with many others .........
    When you consider that the first Mondy Muster was only 13 months ago & from that we have spawned the BASH & SESSIONS ....... & for pretty well no other reason than enjoying each others company.
    Finally ....... hey haven't some great fish been caught along the way - How many PBs

Cheers

Chris
    And yes there were Beers!

But is it not true we are there for the social aspect
    i.e. social gathering and social fishing. Recreation that is.

If you were in a high powered comp and the prize was the more important goal then perhaps the attitude would be different. A Sunday drive might involve a counter lunch and a couple of light ones; but it is a different story if you are in a motor race.

I think it is simply a question of priorities and each to there own. I personally have enough stress in my life without taking my fishing too seriously.

Let me rephrase that:-
    I take my fishing trips seriously, they are important to me to relieve stress
    :shocked:

I try not stress too much about fish catching or not . (frustrating bassards)

To those who do, good luck to you.
    Like motor sport plenty of development comes from those who take it seriously.

But don't take everything seriously all of time. Come and have a beer with us

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Nail on the head D, its about appropriate actions at appropriate times.

When Im swagging by myself, I tend to fish a bit "hard" for lack of a better word, and the beers stay in the esky.

When Im on a social, the Muster, The Bash, or just a get together, differant story.

Besides, I like beer, Im going to have another now whilst I think about barra fushing.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Nail on the head D, its about appropriate actions at appropriate times.

When Im swagging by myself, I tend to fish a bit "hard" for lack of a better word, and the beers stay in the esky.

When Im on a social, the Muster, The Bash, or just a get together, differant story.

Besides, I like beer, Im going to have another now whilst I think about barra fushing.
    Good on yah brian i just packed 2 bottles of silver bundy for this 5 day trip hopefully it is enough or do you think i shouldbe more social and get another bottle

shane

Thumbs up Re: Beer and Barra Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Good on yah brian i just packed 2 bottles of silver bundy for this 5 day trip hopefully it is enough or do you think i shouldbe more social and get another bottle

shane
    Two is OK if you are going by yourself and have a few beers packed

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

On our fishing club trips in png we were always well stocked with liquid refreshments....maybe because the club president was manager of a major catering company - that might've had something to do with the abundance of supplies we always seemed to have.

Fishing two per boat it was nothing to go through a carton of beer a day then more in the evening. Plus there was usually a good scotch and or bottle of wine to partake of. And this was us, staying at a remote 1 Star lodge in the middle of nowhere, where it was BYO "everything!"

There was a small generator there & a deep freeze that stayed 'close' to freezing point, so at least the beers were cold.

Seeing it was a 'fly in - fly out' wetlands area with no roads, we knew there was no worries about someone having to drive. We had designated boat boys to do all the outboard motoring so we just fished & drank then bbq'd in the evenings.

But even though the beers came regularly while fishing, we were always in control. Because of the tropical conditions we probably sweated most of it out anyway. We caught loads of black bass & barra - not to mention tarpon, saratoga and the odd catfish. And no-one fell overboard!

Our trips were always with mates (and a few gals sometimes) so it was a social affair. Fishing was the number one priority with the beers a close second. On those trips the barra & beer matched up pretty well...
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

Quote Originally Posted by PNG1M View Post
    On our fishing club trips in png we were always well stocked with liquid refreshments....maybe because the club president was manager of a major catering company - that might've had something to do with the abundance of supplies we always seemed to have.

Fishing two per boat it was nothing to go through a carton of beer a day then more in the evening. Plus there was usually a good scotch and or bottle of wine to partake of. And this was us, staying at a remote 1 Star lodge in the middle of nowhere, where it was BYO "everything!"

There was a small generator there & a deep freeze that stayed 'close' to freezing point, so at least the beers were cold.

Seeing it was a 'fly in - fly out' wetlands area with no roads, we knew there was no worries about someone having to drive. We had designated boat boys to do all the outboard motoring so we just fished & drank then bbq'd in the evenings.

But even though the beers came regularly while fishing, we were always in control. Because of the tropical conditions we probably sweated most of it out anyway. We caught loads of black bass & barra - not to mention tarpon, saratoga and the odd catfish. And no-one fell overboard!

Our trips were always with mates (and a few gals sometimes) so it was a social affair. Fishing was the number one priority with the beers a close second. On those trips the barra & beer matched up pretty well...
    There is something about fishing up in your neck of the woods - I spent a week up at Madang with 5 full days ( including 2 overnighters) on a game boat ...... & I can say that I had never consumed so much beer in a week - however at no stage did I ever feel intoxicated ( as you say - sweated it out) ........ I just thought it was the SWAMP PI$$ (nambawan bia) that they were feeding me

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Does the enjoyment of a cold beer affect your barra fishing?
    If you have a beer in moderation and with in responsible limits whilst you fish, or at camp when you have finished fishing, does it mean you arent switched on to what is happening around you?
    Does sharing a beer with ya mates after a day on the water add to your enjoyment of going barra fishing?
    Should I leave my esky at home from now on? Should I switch to spirits during the day?
    All good, Im interested in all replies, feel free to contribute.
    Thanks Brian

I was initially wondering what prompted you to create a thread like this

The reality is - when a thread like this goes up ....... It just shows that the vast majority are just not interested in doing anything but enjoying their time away when barra fishing - with good mates... & possibly a drink in hand - sharing information & helping each other out ( some pretty good thinking barra fishoes included) .......... and that is the "Australian way" .....

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

i ll, drink to that...bbrrrpppp..... ...
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.