Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Beer and Barra Fishing

Re: Beer and Barra Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    They put you in charge of a 15 million dollar job!!!!

great stuff Brian!!!!...Its a crazy world, they just put me in charge of our station...permenantly!! scary stuff!!!

cheers mate Steve

Scares me to mate, pray to god I dont bury a treble into my self this sumer if your running the shop!

Victem - I need help, Ive got an Owner ST66 1/0 embedded in me.

Gin Gin Ambo - Can ya come back later, the boss is out barra fishing!

Congrats on the promotion, but ya know that will cut into your fishing time, unleeeeess, the word delegate comes to mind....

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    I think when I fish.
    You know Brian, I find this part the most interesting bit of fishing. It is the theorizing, strategising, stalking, challenging, hunting aspect of sports fishing I enjoy the most. Trying to out think the prey. Same when I go hunting with rifles.

I think most of us are thinking fisherpersons, that don't have announce it to the world to be considered as such. I like to know just not the 'how' but also the 'why'. I ask lots of questions here and elsewhere - not because I am dumb, but because I just don't know yet. I find with my line of work, it is those that don't ask questions because they think they know are generally no where near as smart as those that ask questions because they know they don't, but know they should know.

I must also acknowledge those that are so willing to put their point of view, something they have learnt/know or even ask the 'stupid' question on forums such as this or around a fire at a M&G, so the rest of us can continue our learning experience.

As I have said before, I try not to take myself too serious in my recreational life as I have to be very serious in my professional one. Because I try to add a bit of humour or lightness to my writings, doesn't mean I am not thinking, just that I am not pretentious in my learning experience.

Thanks for a great thread.

Cheers to all, I raise a beer to you.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    You know Brian, I find this part the most interesting bit of fishing. It is the theorizing, strategising, stalking, challenging, hunting aspect of sports fishing I enjoy the most. Trying to out think the prey. Same when I go hunting with rifles.

I think most of us are thinking fisherpersons, that don't have announce it to the world to be considered as such. I like to know just not the 'how' but also the 'why'. I ask lots of questions here and elsewhere - not because I am dumb, but because I just don't know yet. I find with my line of work, it is those that don't ask questions because they think they know are generally no where near as smart as those that ask questions because they know they don't, but know they should know.

I must also acknowledge those that are so willing to put their point of view, something they have learnt/know or even ask the 'stupid' question on forums such as this or around a fire at a M&G, so the rest of us can continue our learning experience.

As I have said before, I try not to take myself too serious in my recreational life as I have to be very serious in my professional one. Because I try to add a bit of humour or lightness to my writings, doesn't mean I not thinking, just that I am not pretentious in my learning experience.

Thanks for a great thread.

Cheers to all, I raise a beer to you.

Steve
    Well said Steve

Barra fishing is a real mixed bag ....... somedays it can feel like you've cracked the code & the very next day ya chewin on crispy creams
    Forums like these allow those questions to be asked & in some way or another you may be given a piece of gold ........ even better during a gathering when you can walk up to member & ask for some advice ...... or to be shown how to do something.......... plenty of barra have been landed on the back of what someone has learnt from this site ........... I certainly owe a lot to members from here. There are plenty of capable participants here...... who are willing to help

Cheers

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

That was a great post Steve. You are smart enough to see where this beer talk could go and it won’t make anyone look good, so well done for taking the time to think ahead in to the future consequences.

I am not sure who I am talking to with the section below, it's all too confusing .

Agreeing With Steve B
    I agree with people saying a couple of beers and a corn meat sanga/roast is fine,
    but what Steve is referring to is that big Mondy Muster night, from 8pm to 5am was nowhere near a 2 beer night. Politely I haven't listed how much was consumed, please respect this action ok.

A Big Night & Morning

The campers that were not happy the next day, (comments not printed)
    The camper’s thoughts on the matter when arriving at the next barra lake (not printed)
    The manager of the park was livid, (Comments not printed)
    The park owner’s thoughts on this behaviour (not printed)

This stuff that went on could cost people their jobs, (Actions not printed)
    Which could have had the police around? Steve was smart enough to see the dire consequences of too much beer talk on the net and posted a well timed thread as many commenting have been doing so without knowing some truths, so I give you the benefit of the doubt for firing shots without knowing the full story, as face to face those shots would never have been fired.

This wasn't just from a couple of beers, (8pm to 5am), so the couple of beers argument goes out the window. People that enjoy a couple of beers is fine by most people, and not drinking is fine too (equally). This debate is clear, have a couple or don’t drink, that’s fine by everyone I would think, i reckon that topic is over now .

Everyone makes mistakes let’s just leave it as that.

That nights feedback doesn't need to be printed, so I’d leave this thread with, enjoy a couple of beers, no stress and probably leave beer threads alone, that night alone and the things that happened there as it might just cost some people their jobs.. Check with mates before posting a reply if it’s going to have a go, as the reply won't affect me at all, but will affect others for life.

Lots of respect and restraint has been used, I hope this is remembered in the future and all benefit of the doubt given, as there were enough shots fired to spark a reply. I gave the benefit of the doubt to a person and called him, now all is good and sorted, and we both had a sigh of relief after that call ha.

Painted With The Same Brush
    If everyone posting on net site is painted with the same brush it makes us all in this together, current police requests to ban alcohol late at night in clubs, combined with federal government campaigns regarding role models and teenagers drinking should make us all aware of our actions. If people want more beer reports, don’t’ tell me I don’t want to talk about beer, I will share one with you and a joke about it though. If people want more beer in our sport, that’s fine just call:

Modern Fishing, QFM & Bush N Beach editors to make this request.

Call the Owners of AFC & ABT to request drinking in comps and on TV fishing shows.

Future Thoughts: Think about the long term marketing ramifications for fishing, what would the papers and newspaper headings be for these types of actions?

Steve is correct, I know a couple of tournament guys who have been made aware of the downside of posting on the net if they are sponsored, don’t bring the company unprofessional publicity, one guy has been wrapped over the knuckles for a big night out in a park (behaviour).

Other writers have said “If you want a career in fishing don’t get on the net”.

My Thoughts: However I think if we work together we can be on the net and learn from each other.

Being Positive & Moving Forward
    Lets move on to the fishing, Chris has been kind enough to start the spin thread up again and positive answers or suggested solutions (right or wrong) have been provided, at least we both made an effort to print learning info, has everyone else moved on and tried this? Currently that answer is NO.

My Attempt to Lighten Things Up A Bit (At least I Tried).

It’s funny what you don’t’ know about people. I used to work at xxxx for years, I have smelt, seen and talked about beer more than most people would have in 100 lifetimes.
    I remember one batch tasted like Corona, we made sure we got a few of those, and I remember deep conversations with old hats about the changing palate of the 90’s onwards generations as low fat marketing came in full swing with our foods which resulted in companies pumping sugar in to our food which resulted in people getting used to a sweeter taste across most meals in the day, so it made xxxx bitter taste, well even more bitter LOL.

I nearly forgot to mention, we had a bar where all the beer was free.
    And could buy cartons at genuine 1972 prices from $12.
    Result: I can now smell yeast and hops from 100km away.

Thanks for a great chat on the phone Steve your post on here is a credit to you and your love of fishing and learning. I hope to catch-up with you on my next trip to Monduran, share a handshake, maybe even a beer, but most importantly a quiet arvo fishing on a great dam with a nice person.

Cheers Lyndon.

2008 Muster is dead & buried - 2009 laid to rest ....... the difference between the two was making a conscience effort to locate the gathering as far away from the majority of campers as possible ..... with no music .
    8pm-5am was still observed by some - Political issues I believe were the points of discussion ...... We had considerably more attendees & everyone was well behaved & respectful of others........ except when falling asleep in ones chair

2010 will no doubt be an improvement again ....... & I'd dare say more people will attend

We learn & we move on

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Scares me to mate, pray to god I dont bury a treble into my self this sumer if your running the shop!

Victem - I need help, Ive got an Owner ST66 1/0 embedded in me.

Gin Gin Ambo - Can ya come back later, the boss is out barra fishing!

Congrats on the promotion, but ya know that will cut into your fishing time, unleeeeess, the word delegate comes to mind....
    You think that is scary? You know who they call if you get killed

Congratulations Steve and I am sure your research into alcohol abuse will serve you well

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Well said Steve

Barra fishing is a real mixed bag ....... somedays it can feel like you've cracked the code & the very next day ya chewin on crispy creams
    Forums like these allow those questions to be asked & in some way or another you may be given a piece of gold ........ even better during a gathering when you can walk up to member & ask for some advice ...... or to be shown how to do something.......... plenty of barra have been landed on the back of what someone has learnt from this site ........... I certainly owe a lot to members from here. There are plenty of capable participants here...... who are willing to help

Cheers

Chris
    It is a great facility and an opportunity to share knowledge, learn and recall the good times.

It truly amuses me that we are such a modest / righteous group that we have taken a post about a couple of quite beers and managed to continue it this long and wind up praising our own humility, to ourselves no less

Perhaps our theme song around the next camp fire should be:

"Oh lord it is hard to humble, when your perfect in every way"

-oOo-

'Let he who is with out sin cast the first stone'
    Certainly not I

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    They put you in charge of a 15 million dollar job!!!!

great stuff Brian!!!!...Its a crazy world, they just put me in charge of our station...permenantly!! scary stuff!!!

cheers mate Steve
    You think thats hard,the Mrs is working she's left me in charge of the washing Whats softener? Guys? Come on help a fella out here.
    Paulo

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMark View Post
    You think thats hard,the Mrs is working she's left me in charge of the washing Whats softener? Guys? Come on help a fella out here.
    Paulo
    This lot will tell you about HTFU ..... not softener
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMark View Post
    Paulo

Way to hard, sit down and have a beer mate.

Boys, this thread was started in response to a lot who commentated that banter should be in a banter thread, and not mixed in with "the good oil" threads.
    It is a result of a thread I tossed up "What do you want in a new thread on barra" or something similar, I cant remember now.
    Please take all the serious stuff some where else, and leave the beer thread for those who want to talk about beer, barra, and beer.
    I dont want my banter thread tainted with anything that will give new barra fishos to this site the wrong impression, I will never write for a magazine, or be sponsored, Im not a role model, and I like beer. Note my signature, look at my profile. I have no obligation to anyone to be politically correct, except to myself, and my self imposed standards of conduct.
    If you are looking for good oil, hot info, latest techniques, political correctness and moral/ethics discussion, this thread aint for you.
    If you want to talk about nothing in particular, beer, life, and how your missus has got you scared into doing the house work when she goes out (sorry Paulo lol), this is the place.

From Teflon to Reprobate ....... Fair enough mate , you created this baby
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Boys, this thread was started in response to a lot who commentated that banter should be in a banter thread, and not mixed in with "the good oil" threads.
    It is a result of a thread I tossed up "What do you want in a new thread on barra" or something similar, I cant remember now.
    Please take all the serious stuff some where else, and leave the beer thread for those who want to talk about beer, barra, and beer.
    I dont want my banter thread tainted with anything that will give new barra fishos to this site the wrong impression, I will never write for a magazine, or be sponsored, Im not a role model, and I like beer. Note my signature, look at my profile. I have no obligation to anyone to be politically correct, except to myself, and my self imposed standards of conduct.
    If you are looking for good oil, hot info, latest techniques, political correctness and moral/ethics discussion, this thread aint for you.
    If you want to talk about nothing in particular, beer, life, and how your missus has got you scared into doing the house work when she goes out (sorry Paulo lol), this is the place.
    Exactly what I was saying in an earlier post, the title is Beer and Barra, what do you have to do round here to not get belted over the head??The serious threads are obvious,by their title and the posts therein.Blind Freddies dog could tell the difference and this is a chat based forum, Chat y'know can be serious and light hearted, helpful,having a laugh, in depth discussions on many different topics. They all have their place in this type of forum and the Mods to keep an eye on things. So, where is the problem?? Answer = there isn't a problem.. its horses for courses, if you want to get involved do so,if you don't then read and move on. Whats that dear,washing in? Just doing it in public dear
    Paulo

Question Re: Beer and Barra Fishing

"except when falling asleep in ones chair "

Speakin of chairs.

Where is my bloody chair?

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    "except when falling asleep in ones chair "

Speakin of chairs.

Where is my bloody chair?
    It is being held hostage ........ a ransom of 100 pkts of slick rigs will be payable

Ignore this & it will end up on the next fire

......... I heard this somewhere

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

All typed with a smile on my dial, and a beer in my hand of course