Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer and Barra Fishing

Beer and Barra Fishing

Does the enjoyment of a cold beer affect your barra fishing?
    If you have a beer in moderation and with in responsible limits whilst you fish, or at camp when you have finished fishing, does it mean you arent switched on to what is happening around you?
    Does sharing a beer with ya mates after a day on the water add to your enjoyment of going barra fishing?
    Should I leave my esky at home from now on? Should I switch to spirits during the day?
    All good, Im interested in all replies, feel free to contribute.

Re: Beer and Barra Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    If you have a beer in moderation and with in responsible limits whilst you fish, or at camp when you have finished fishing, does it mean you arent switched on to what is happening around you?
    Does sharing a beer with ya mates after a day on the water add to your enjoyment of going barra fishing?
    Should I leave my esky at home from now on? Should I switch to spirits during the day?

For the original question...yes maybe it does.But I dont give two knobs of goat sh#t.Its taken me a while to get to this stage and some might not agree but the fishing is almost secondry these days.Getting away,relaxing and having a couple of beers is where I am at.Bloody hell flogging yourself to death fishing a stupid amount of hours with no sleep is no fun and its something I just dont enjoy doing.
    Catching fish is a bonus.Getting away is the real reward.
    For me.

Toddy

YEP you must have a beer I am not a big drinker but the fact yur away from the day to day grind and out in the water casting a lure around a beer or two never hurt anyone... Back at camp again a bit of bush telly a beer or three and a yarn is what the doctor ordered, hell we arnt in a comp or playing for sheep stations just a fish and a bit of down time...

Cant understand where this came from Brian

PLEASE EXPLAIN !

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Beer is good , Fishing is good , getting away is good, put them all together and its better than good ,IT"S GREAT.
    AS THE SUN SETS ON THE HORIZON I BID YOU A FINE FAREWELL

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post

I'd love to come up Barra fishing but going by what I've read in recent times it wouldn't be a viable proposition because I do enjoy a social beer.

I'll stay down here and fish for Cod, Yellas, Silvers & occassionally Trout.

Beer doesn't seem to effect fishing for these other species.

Very strange topic this one

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    YEP you must have a beer I am not a big drinker but the fact yur away from the day to day grind and out in the water casting a lure around a beer or two never hurt anyone... Back at camp again a bit of bush telly a beer or three and a yarn is what the doctor ordered, hell we arnt in a comp or playing for sheep stations just a fish and a bit of down time...

Dry.jpg ........ whats wrong with this picture
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    It's out of Focus.........
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

dont know chris.?? .looks like nine happy fishoes all enjoying mateship, a few beers and a yarn about the days fishin ...and they are probably about to eat a bloody nice pork roast from the camp oven.. looks fine to me...mabe a bit cold.. ??
    deano..
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

I know some wetback NSW bloke has left Tooheys bottles on the ground, and to be a little more percise there are only a couple so it was taken early

I don't drink while i'm fishing because i'm too busy trying to connect to a fish and it always end up going warm. After a session is a different ballgame. Cant beat an icy cold beer after fishing hard. Ben

There is only 1 fire going when there was space for 2
    Brian i don't drink on the boat while fishing as i drink rum and love my rum so if i have 1 i like 2 or 3 or even 4 so i wait till i get back to camp cook dinner and relax and i don't have to worry about being half cut and trying not to hit anyone on the dam but i have no problem with others having a drink while fishing on a hot day

shane

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    It's out of Focus.........
    My apologies Chris...I was looking past the obvious and focusing on what I thought was a trick question......As for the Pork roast....cooked to perfection...although the Damper was a failure as I recall (something about plain flour used instead of self raising)apart from that a picture says a thousand words, your right Deano it was a tad cold.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    dont know chris.?? .looks like nine happy fishoes all enjoying mateship, a few beers and a yarn about the days fishin ...and they are probably about to eat a bloody nice pork roast from the camp oven.. looks fine to me...mabe a bit cold.. ??
    deano..
    it was cold

actually was that the night we created the infamous MONDY MUSH

Chris

PS ..... some gud observations there ... but keep looking
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    My apologies Chris...I was looking past the obvious and focusing on what I thought was a trick question......As for the Pork roast....cooked to perfection...although the Damper was a failure as I recall (something about plain flour used instead of self raising)apart from that a picture says a thousand words, your right Deano it was a tad cold.
    yes whitto, the garlic rock damper was a slight fail.. ..back to the topic, i will always carry a few light beers on the boat, if im not driving, mabe a couple of thicker ones...lunch on the bank with a beer, yep...quick rest and a beer after a few hours casting ,yep, and of course a beer and cheers after a lump of chrome hits the deck,yep...
    p.s. some pretty switched on fishoes in that pic, enjoying a beer...
    deano...
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.