Thread: Recovery/tow points - 80 series 'Cruiser

Recovery/tow points - 80 series 'Cruiser

Hi All,
    I am looking for some recovery/tow point for my 80 series. I would prefer to stick with original Toyota parts as I am not keen on drilling any new holes in the chassis at all. Anyone got any for sale or know where I can get any? I have tried Brisbane 4wd & commercial wreckers but they don't have any at the moment. I know the ARB hooks are the wrong size - unless you want to drill new holes, is there any other after market accessories that will fit without having to make any modifications to the chassis? Thanks.

Paul

Re: Recovery/tow points - 80 series 'Cruiser

Mate, do you know the mounting centre measurements of the original recovery hooks??
    I have a selection of hooks under the house.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Gday mate. Ive got 2 front recovery points (the curly type) from my arb 80 series bullbar. You can have them...

Scratch that... I just spent 30 minutes looking for them only to find my dad's mate has already swipped them. But I did measure it for you finga. 62mm centre to centre...

Are these for the rear? 80's came out with 2 points on the front - they look like tie downs but believe me you won't break them.

Outback Ideas do a custom set for the 80..... apologies, can't find a link at the moment.

GBC - Surely they would be for the front. Youd just use your towbar pin for the rear.

Thanks for your replies, sorry but I have been off-line for a few days. yes, they are for the front of the vehicle. The original bumper has been replaced with a TJM alloy bar and there are 3 holes in the chassis with 30cm centres and then a 4th hole another 60cm back from that. Finga, if this matches anything you have drop me a PM. Thanks again guys.

Paul

Go gecko, the holes your looking for are underneath facing up. There are 2 threaded holes on your chassi directly under where your bullbar mounts too. If there are no holes in your alloy bullbar. Your going to have to drill through the alloy to open up the holes and find the mounting points. They are about 8cm back from the end of your chassi and are 6.2cm centres.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gecko View Post
    The original bumper has been replaced with a TJM alloy bar and there are 3 holes in the chassis with 30cm centres and then a 4th hole another 60cm back
    Paul
    I'll have a gander tomorrow

I thought I better have a gander before I forget but, sorry to say, all the ones I have have hole centres of 60, 55, 45 and 35mm
    Doesn't look good getting one from my camp which is a bugger 'cause they would have been free.
    Sorry matey

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/sh...ad.php?t=79038

If these are gone at least you know where to get them.

u now owe me 1 jack fishing session if only.