• New Mitsubishi Triton 2.5L Turbo Diesel

69 49.64%
  • New Ford Ranger 3.0L Turbo Diesel

70 50.36%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: New Ford Ranger vs New Triton

Re: New Ford Ranger vs New Triton

Quote Originally Posted by SandStorm View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing mate , is yours a 3.0 litre motor? I'm also wondering if the Aussie Ranger utes are fitted with a stronger clutch, have you towed yet?
    Yes, it a 3.0L CRD turbo - yep have towed 900+Km with a 4.2m tinny on the back and had no problems. I did know about the clutch problems and peppered the dealer about them and Ford are now placing in heavy duty clutches to get around the issues with the PK model.

No signs of trouble yet, very happy with my truck!
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486

Do they fit 2.5l to Rangers sold in Aus? just looked again and mines a Duratorq not a Duratec, my trucks made in Thialand

Quote Originally Posted by SandStorm View Post
    Do they fit 2.5l to Rangers sold in Aus? just looked again and mines a Duratorq not a Duratec, my trucks made in Thialand
    Not sure about the 2x4 models but I've only ever seen / heard of the 3.0L diesels here. All Rangers are made in Thailand as far as I am aware as are Colorado's, DMAX's etc.
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============

All the 4x2 Rangers are 2.5 litre, the high ride 4x2 and 4x4's are 3.0 litres. I have nearly 35,000 km's on my '08 Ranger 4x2 and haven't had a drama with it except for the over the top pricing of Ford Service departments. The reason some had clutch problems is because they run a dual mass flywheel, Navara's run the same setup.

Quote Originally Posted by antg2378 View Post
    All the 4x2 Rangers are 2.5 litre, the high ride 4x2 and 4x4's are 3.0 litres. I have nearly 35,000 km's on my '08 Ranger 4x2 and haven't had a drama with it except for the over the top pricing of Ford Service departments. The reason some had clutch problems is because they run a dual mass flywheel, Navara's run the same setup.
    Antg: My Ranger is serviced by Ultratune here in Cairns and they work out to be about $100+ cheaper than Ford on average, the dealer actually recommended them when I picked up the truck to be honest.

The clutch problems, I was told by the dealer that Ford are aware of this and as a result they were putting in heavy duty clutches now into the Rangers (current PK model included). I don't do much towing other than my 4.2m tinny so I will be keen to see how the clutch goes come 40,000km to 50,000km.

Other than that, I'm very happy with it - it's handled everything that I've thrown at it and it still keeps on going with no issues; and that includes an absolute flogging on the shocking Fraser Island inland (mogul runs) tracks where we saw a fully decked out Patrol with a rear shockie dragging on the ground
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============

Andrew, I have decided I will no longer take it to after they charged me $605 for the 20,000km service which did not include the valve clearance check, which I discovered myself after I saw something under the bonnet that indicated that it hadn't been done. I have since taken it to a privately owned department and they are almost half the price. My wifes car also goes to this workshop.

Quote Originally Posted by antg2378 View Post
    Andrew, I have decided I will no longer take it to after they charged me $605 for the 20,000km service which did not include the valve clearance check
    Mine hasn't been back to Ford since it left the showroom other than to have the cruise control fitted, which now has to go back to be disabled temporarily due to a recall on them.

20,000 service at Ultratune cost me $375 and that was with getting them to check the suspension out fully and check the bearings after the Fraser trip. From the sounds of it, I'm glad the dealer told me that warranty wasn't void by using a different service agent.
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============

Is the Challenger basically a station wagon version of the Triton? Can anyone tell me what the major differences would be in towing ability of the Triton vs the Challenger?

thanks.

Jono.

Jono

i thought the new models were the same. springs in the rear other than that the same

Quote Originally Posted by krazyfisher View Post
    Jono

i thought the new models were the same. springs in the rear other than that the same
    so the Challenger has coils and the the Triton leaf springs - is that right?

yep...............

The BT50/Ranger clutch is suss. A mate with a new (2009) replaced the clutch & needed new rear springs from scratch as they whoopsied when he loaded his 750kg slide on camper. I'd be also looking at the Dmax or new VW ute.