Thread: Crab pot theives

Crab pot theives

Put some pot(s) out in currumbin creek a fortnight ago and out of the 4 that i may have put in, I only had a float on 1 of them. (love my home made grappel). I had the pot soaking from 3 pm saturday and got up at 1am sunday morning (couldn't sleep due to nightshift) and went to check the pots. Nothing worth bragging about in three of the pots and the fourth pot... (the one with the float) was GONE! I've lost a few pots from poachers on the gold coast over the last few years and if I ever find one they will enjoy my wrath with a gaff in the neck and a 10 inch bowie knife up their ass!

Does anyone have any practical ways of combating the lowlives that patrol our waterways?
    CHARTER BOAT, WHAT CHARTER BOAT?

Re: Crab pot theives

Umm, big tides at the moment, you sure it was stolen?

Keep going with the grappel since the toerag didnt find them,
    I use a reef anchor to pick up mine, tie two pots together with a long rope and a small sinker at the middle to sink the line , gps when you drop each pot and idle through the middle with the anchor when you want to retreive them,

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

mmm they wont stop .thier just scum i hope the fella that tried again on the logan getts the 4.0sout of his hand ok i stuck a few in my rope just above the pot i recon i got him try it a little insurance hilly

Hi All,

This is by no means practical or even a good idea BUT...

A float tied to a hand grenade tied to a brick. KA-BOOM! one less raider.

Steve

( I do not endorse this idea and by no means suggest attempting it)