Thread: Purchasing Reels from the US

Re: Purchasing Reels from the US

Quote Originally Posted by breakthelines View Post
    Just purchased 2 reels:

1. 2009 Shimano Stradic 2500Fi
    2. 2009 Shimano Curado 201E7

Total - $317.00 AUS to my front door!

Wooooooo!
    Good price mate, for those 2 reels from Mo tackle you would be looking at around $569.00 not including postage

I think i might have to start buying my reels from overseas

cheers tim

wow..certainly some savings to be had there...pity i don't know one reel model from another so that leaves me out of the equation. One of the disadvantages of being a dumb bugger..stuffed if I know how you blokes can rattle off makes and models of reels.

Quote Originally Posted by sulla View Post
    i also had a problem with shimreels i ordered some very exy braid ygk gallas ultra cast anway after 10days didnt arive he siad he posted email went back and forth for just over a month i filed palpal dispute and he rerfunded straight away lucky as it was 185 us i think . i left neutral feed back saying line not recived but got refunded his reply was i live in remote australian region culdnt deliver brisbane lol sometimes i think he just hasnt the stock and suddenly finds he cant get it i have read great reports and some bad one on a lot of furums incuding us sites so i wont bother with him agian no probs with plat or oriental angler even though there shop doesnt look that professional anglers proshop had to hassle them for tracking and it was postaged a week after purchase they have since closed and reopening in dec professional fighting betwen partnes accourding to email and its been bought by a japansese company they subscriber email says prices will go down as a result who knows . anyone have any dealings with reelsseller and bigfishbuddy both usa ebay as im interested in a reel
    reelseller is a straight shooter.. bought a few reels from him.

havent bought from bigfishbuddy.. keen to hear of any dealings with him too
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

reelsseller is good value, got two stellas from him last time the dollar was good and had them on my doorstep quick smart, good communication and the best prices around at the time, 100% recommended !!

thanks for the info spaniard and hooknose definatly ill go through reelsseller then i am going a stella and wanted to see if anybody had dealings with him cheers

Hi guys, sorry I havnt replied about the reels. I received the reels 4 days after ordering them and would highly reccomend moody marlin tackle to anyone. Awesome and easy to deal with and great prices.
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Purchasing Reels from the US

With the Aussie dollar looking good at the moment, buying overseas is a no brainer.........A couple of months ago I bought locally a Curado E7 B/caster $339.....was recently given a US website reel fishing deals and bought a Curado E5 B/caster $180 Free International Postage for an extra $10 I took out Postage Insurance, it took 8days to my front door.

PS: The savings are obvious.......
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

The reels I've got from o/s paying in $USD over the past few years (when the Oz dollar's been strong) have been:

* Shimano Calcutta 400
    * Shimano TE Conquest 300
    * Daiwa Black Sheep 300
    * Shimano Curado 300DSV
    * Daiwa 253-Z Millionnaire
    * Daiwa US Advantage
    * Tica Dolphin

On the above reels collectively the savings have been a minimum of Oz $1000+ (not sure about the 'spendings' though)

I just love those gadgets and they are patiently waiting, as I am - for the next time they'll be used. (Thats what black bass fishing in png does to ya. Ya get hooked!)

With the above repetoire I shouldn't have to buy another reel for a while to come. Plus I have other reels too, bought in Oz such as a few Penn spinfishers and the like. Sorted!

Rods? I've only bought two from o/s (USA). One was a 6' 2-pce baitcaster from Bass Pro and the other was a St Croix 8' 2-pce surf baitcast from J&H Tackle.
    Very happy with both!!

PS. I'm pretty sure at least a couple of the above reels were from reelsseller, so no probs there...
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

just thought i would add a follow up i went ahead and ordered the reel i was after from reelseller on monday it arrived on thursday morning by fedex now thats the quickest ive ever had so damn pleased damn happy with the price too
    defiantly useshim again always a worry if its an expensive reel thanks for the recommendation
    cheers

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

Shimreels - got my Tyrnos reel and braid about 6 weeks from order which was frustratingly slow. The first delay was due to them not having the correct colour of the braid in stock so they upgraded a little for no cost. The 2nd delay was the biggy as they normally go through Fedex and claimed that Fedex doesn't service Nth Qld so they changed to normal registered post. They always responded to my emails so I knew someone was there but next time I order through Shimreels (their products and prices are good) I'll know how their system works.

Quote Originally Posted by brute898 View Post
    Hi guys, sorry I havnt replied about the reels. I received the reels 4 days after ordering them and would highly reccomend moody marlin tackle to anyone. Awesome and easy to deal with and great prices.
    Thanks
    Moody Marlin Tackle are a great genuine business.

Steve and Lynn are good friends of mine and glad they are back on track
    There was a problem a little while back when distrubutors
    where falling apart but they always honored their sales.
    The place to buy your Penn game reels

Regards Frank

I get reels off chart bait .com There service is great, as are there prices, under 2 weeks to get to me, I have brought 3 reels off them so far, allso lures and braid, save a heap ,

has anyone here used tackle direct in the states yet? if so any good there prices look cheap

Have used them for line and stuff, very quick delivery, about 4-5 days from memory.

Just got two Stradic 8000 FI 's for AUS $503 including postage from Tackledirect, they do prefer to ship UPS so I was little bit apprehensive about brokerage charges.

Was on my doorstep in 4 days and no extra charges - reels are the shizzle dizzle - now when are those damn spotties gonna get here?!

Mick
    Check out my boat for sale in the classifieds

• 469 Stacer open Seahorse/Nomad
    • 50hp 4 stroke tiller Mercury
    • Heaps of extras, in top condition
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]