Thread: Mojiko Fishing gear

Mojiko Fishing gear

My little lady wants to have a fish when we go on our houseboat trip around Fraser at the end of this month so i went to Anaconda to get her a cheap fishing set up.

I came across a rod and reel package from a brand call Mojiko, has anyone any experience with this brand?? i got her a pink (she's a girly girl) Mojiko 6000 reel with a 2.1 carbon (partial) mojiko rod 8 - 10 kg. seems pretty solid, 5 + 1 BB's instant anti reverse, looks and feels pretty good, the set up was only $120 inc line.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Re: Mojiko Fishing gear

Can't help you with that particular setup, but I bought a Mojiko Maxicast 1-3kg for throwing bream lures and it's great. Fuiji components and plenty of grunt for a rod this light.

I've got a Mojiko tournament baitcaster and it's very very good... I rate it much higher than my Berkley dropshot tournament pro which was 3x as much.

I haven't had a whole lot of experience with the reels, but they don't seem too terrible.

Matt.

I also have an older model Tournament model spin 2-6kg ... it gets some serious fish abuse with a 2500 luvias and I really can't fault it .... it still looks as new, even has a serial number which I'm a little perplexed about, think I paid $40 marked down from $160 .. its a good rod!!

Matt

Thanks guys, i've had a bit of a play around with it and i have to say i'm impressed considering it's only a $120 set up, very smooth and solid feeling and the carbon fibre rod has a great action. we'll have to see how it performs on Fraser.
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

I bought a couple of Mojiko Dyna Tips in 8-12kg a couple of years ago. They have had plenty of use and still look like new.