Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Gaint Cod in the News??

Re: Gaint Cod in the News??

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    Clutter,

Perhaps if you read my first sentence. "I make no excuse for anyone, we all should know the rules", You would not have responded.

Regards
    HOnda.
    Honda,
    Sorry mate but I had started typing before you put this post up so missed it before I hit the button. I would have still replied but chosen my words differently. I still stand by my comments that its easy to get the info with a phone call. It should also make common sence that if you go somewhere new you check it out first. I fish in NSW occasionally and obviously they're regs are different to ours so I check it out and get the right info.

Cheers, Mick

hi all i was shocked to c it on the news.

he should have let it go alongside his boat after photo ,
    then he wants to eat it dont those big fish have cigitera desiese

G'day!

Someone suggested that he must be a Pro fisher as he had a coolroom at home. Most of the cockies in the Lockyer Valley have large coolrooms to keep vegetables, etc., cool after harvest before they are picked up for market.

Ray de R

you guys crack me up,,,,, really,,, we are bagging the crap out of this bloke with a catch that is totally illegal, and should never have been undertaken,,,, but a fellow ausfisher posts a report and shows a undersized fish,,,, that was kept,,,, and its a """nudge nudge wink wink,, your lucky you didn't get busted""" affair

thread is currently in eustary forum, under caboolture river 6/10/09 heading,,,,,

lol

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Fancy catching a big cod like that and then eating it , it would be much better hanging on the wall to show of to your mates .

Before you all wish death upon me i was joking , just having a bit of fun .
    I think this bloke obviously didnt now the rules and regs ( no excuse for it ) he has some explaining to do and i hope justice is served swiftly and firmly
    Its a shame to see a fish like that killed !!

Regards monostretcho
    quote of the day ( guns don`t kill people fathers with pretty daughters do ) !!:wink:

The fish never knew it was alive, nature doesn't know it no longer exists or that it ever did.

It was a big fish - no doubt, it was old - no doubt, the bloke broke the law - no doubt, no measurable harm was done - no doubt, the bloke deserves to be fined - no doubt, ideological overreaction needs to be kept under control - no doubt.

That's about the extent of it - no doubt.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    The fish never knew it was alive, nature doesn't know it know longer exists or that it ever did.

It was a big fish - no doubt, it was old - no doubt, the bloke broke the law - no doubt, no measurable harm was done - no doubt, the bloke deserves to be fined - no doubt, ideological overreaction needs to be kept under control - no doubt.

cheers fnq
    No doubt...

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    The fish never knew it was alive, nature doesn't know it know longer exists or that it ever did.

cheers fnq
    WTF The fish never knew it was alive blah blah blah. What planet are you from.

No idea - no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by deepfried View Post

WTF The fish never knew it was alive blah blah blah. What planet are you from.

No idea - no doubt
    A planet with near a hundred years of basic science that can back up my statement.

Your budgee doesn't know it's alive neither does your dog, cat, goldfish, ferret etc.....unless you are of the wacko animal liberationists type (some are not) then so far only Humans are known to be sentient.

Oops almost forgot ETs (aliens) are also considered to be sentient, which makes sense too because they would have needed scence not just the fluff of ideological emotion to get here.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    you guys crack me up,,,,, really,,, we are bagging the crap out of this bloke with a catch that is totally illegal, and should never have been undertaken,,,, but a fellow ausfisher posts a report and shows a undersized fish,,,, that was kept,,,, and its a """nudge nudge wink wink,, your lucky you didn't get busted""" affair

thread is currently in eustary forum, under caboolture river 6/10/09 heading,,,,,

lol

choppa
    I agree choppa , no consistancy the post should be hammered as much as this one has been but i doubt that will happen as i believe he has removed the photo, but i believe the size is still advertised...

Talking Re: Gaint Cod in the News??

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post

lol

choppa
    How do you know that MR GIGANTIC COD is not a ausfish poster???

On the other hand

I love the way that everyone on this site is so sure they know what type of fish it REALLY is but you all have a different name for it (is that because none of you really know?)

I can tell you for sure that even the FISHERIES don't know what TYPE of fish it is!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crowog View Post

I can tell you for sure that even the FISHERIES don't know what TYPE of fish it is!!!!
    That would be sad if that statement is true. These are the guys that enforce the law. Surely they have the fish in hand or have at least examined the fish in person and made a ruling on what it is and what steps to take next.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    That would be sad if that statement is true. These are the guys that enforce the law. Surely they have the fish in hand or have at least examined the fish in person and made a ruling on what it is and what steps to take next.
    2 of the official fisheries personel could not tell with their books and notes that they have, and that they give to all the fishermen. So it was taken for scientific testing.

Tell me that is fair on the fishing community - do we need to take a scientist every time we fish just to be sure?? If they do not know how are we meant to?

Quote Originally Posted by crowog View Post
    If they do not know how are we meant to?
    If you dont know what it is , dont keep it !!!!!!! How simple is that?? I've thrown fish back that i was unsure of the legal lenght before and i'm sure i will again!!
    Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

I reckon after a week in a cold room and then some anyone would have trouble knowing its species, living fish have markings the books show and its far easier to tell when you see one alive, no excuses imo. this fella will wish he released it after this is over, its a qld groper for sure even after a week, that is my call.