Thread: Jetstar baggage restrictions

Jetstar baggage restrictions

Is the maximum rod tube length still 1.9m on Jetstar, I cannot find it on their website.

Re: Jetstar baggage restrictions

On their website http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/travel-...rport.aspx#bag

Bulky items (maximum 1.9 metres for A320, A321 or B737 aircraft, maximum 2.77 metres for A330 aircraft), including but not limited to bicycles, surfboards, skis, golf clubs, snow boards, may be included within the allowance, subject to space availability

I have been on Jetstar with rods before (below the size limit) and a guy at the counter told me that if you call beforehand, you can take oversize rod tubes but there is a small fee, so I guess if you really need to take a longer tube, then give them a call and see if he was right.

A mate of mine was coming to visit us and rocked up at Bris airport to be told his rod tube was too long (about 100mm) and was forced to remove the rods from the tube and to leave the rod tube behind. The rods were under the 1.9m length and arrived ok in Townsville though. I certainly wouldn't want to trust them with any expensive graphite rods that were out of the case though. Be careful with Jetstar!

Jetstar stuffed me around big time last time i went to Darwin. I called before hand and asked if my 2.2m rod tube would be ok and i was told they would be fine.

Rocked up to the airport 1hr earlier than i was suppose to be there and was stopped at baggage drop off and told i couldnt take my rodsand had to leave the $3000 worth of rods behind the counter till i returned.

Lets just say that i wasnt happy and im pretty glad they wernt filming for one of those airport tv shows. The poor 150-200 people behind me were exposed to quite a few choice words.

In the end the manager on duty said he would fly my rods up on a Qantas flight the next day but i had to find my own way to get them home. Got to the airport to pick my rods up the next day and no one had seen them or new anything about them. My rush ticket no. did not register on any of the airlines computers.

After alot of phone calls and visits to the darwin airport my rods finally arrived a week later on the last day of my trip.

I will never fly jetstar again after some of the phone calls i had with their extreamly rude staff. They had other priorities than my lost 3gs worth of rods.

Im lucky i could borrow a couple of rods off a mate up there but i had to purchase a new spin rod.

Jetstar can get F...........

Whytey
    If you wish to learn more about reading and getting the most from your Lowrance units or learning more about fishing with artificial baits I will come out in the comfort of your own boat for one on one coaching. Please call for more information.

I must admit, even though Jetstar and so on are usually a bit cheaper, I always fly Qantas if I can, far better service, a drink for free if you want one, some food and better baggage allowance, worth every cent I reckon, only two Jetstar flights for me and both were far from great.

We fly quite a bit. We've flown Jetstar once and only once.

How anyone continues to fly with this crap airline is beyond me.

Brett

perhaps I should explain my Jetstart flights, (both booked by friends) one was a complete nightmare with luggage drama, slow check in and the pilot must have been a stunt pilot before he joined Jetstar, plus he never learned how to land either (I think I still have one of the wheels jammed up my freckle) and the other was after I had been told about the call before long luggage thing, I had called and was told, no problem, as long as we know we can organise over size luggage, so at the checkin with my rod tube (just a bit over length) I was told that they had never heard of over size luggage, I explained that I had called before and was told it would be fine, "who did you speak to?" I said I didn't really know, I just called Jetstar and was transferred to someone and they told me it would be fine if I had called before hand, after 30 minutes at check in, someone called a manager, who said, yep, no worries, it will be at the over sized luggage area when you get there, guess what? it was, why no one at the desk knew, or why they did not call a manager/supervisor before is beyond me, but I will never fly with them again, unless I have to.