Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mondy Dash

Re: Mondy Dash

Gotta love North B mate on the good drift it is a great location, I herd of another good spot the other day and would like to give it a whirl sometime soon... great trip mate well done....
    Cheers Nath

good stuff lads..gotta love a weekend away with fish thrown in....chris...tennis elbow. ..you dont play tennis.. ..but you are single.. .. ..
    deano...
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    good stuff lads..gotta love a weekend away with fish thrown in....chris...tennis elbow. ..you dont play tennis.. ..but you are single.. .. ..
    deano...
    Fishermans elbow I'm not sure what you call it ...... RSI Anyways it stopped me fishing (that might give you an idea of how painful it is) ....... Single but double faulted .

always good to get away to fish for barra

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Gotta love North B mate on the good drift it is a great location, I herd of another good spot the other day and would like to give it a whirl sometime soon... great trip mate well done....
    Cheers Nath
    Thanks Nath

"North B" has been so consistent ...... one particular little area has yielded at least a hit every time I've fished there - Gotta love that.

You know of another spot

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I love those spots, and have had a couple over the differant water levels.

Smoko Branch up in H at 20% was a regular, tie off, the easterly would hang the boat perfect, have some lunch, then pepper the tree line 10 meters away, pulled fish 9 times out of 10 there.
    Never Fail Point in South B right on dusk when levels were in the mid 30% was another, me and Nath fished it last run for zip, differant levels changed the dynamic, but it saved my bacon plenty of times before.
    The best thing is those spots arent "obvious" to most, so you can fish them with some degree of anonymity (spell check)

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    I love those spots, and have had a couple over the differant water levels.

Smoko Branch up in H at 20% was a regular, tie off, the easterly would hang the boat perfect, have some lunch, then pepper the tree line 10 meters away, pulled fish 9 times out of 10 there.
    Never Fail Point in South B right on dusk when levels were in the mid 30% was another, me and Nath fished it last run for zip, differant levels changed the dynamic, but it saved my bacon plenty of times before.
    The best thing is those spots arent "obvious" to most, so you can fish them with some degree of anonymity (spell check)
    There seemed to be a new "Secret spot" that was being fished regularly by several boats last weekend......... The left hand point at the entrance to Bird bay - Up till this trip ...... I had never seen a boat anchor off it & fish into it. There were 5 boats there on Saturday afternoon ........... with the falling water level it certainly has some appeal.
    The changing dynamics is a good term for these impoundments .......... now that I'm getting a chance to see it first hand & on a regular basis - places that were red hot are now revealing their secrets ........ with the falling water levels.

Awesome stuff .... but I would have loved to have seen the dam when at 18% to familiarise myself with these locations

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    There seemed to be a new "Secret spot" that was being fished regularly by several boats last weekend......... The left hand point at the entrance to Bird bay - Up till this trip ...... I had never seen a boat anchor off it & fish into it. There were 5 boats there on Saturday afternoon ........... with the falling water level it certainly has some appeal.
    The changing dynamics is a good term for these impoundments .......... now that I'm getting a chance to see it first hand & on a regular basis - places that were red hot are now revealing their secrets ........ with the falling water levels.

Awesome stuff .... but I would have loved to have seen the dam when at 18% to familiarise myself with these locations

Chris

Great going Chris. It is half a sneaky trip to say the least. Gaz told me on Friday you were up there....I said "Lucky bugger" or something equally as diplomatic

You look knackered in one of those pics

Re Bird Bay entrance.....it's about 2ft right through there on the left. Les and Wendy fished it at anchor a couple of times....think they pulled fish but not sure. it's very appealing for sure.

Brian....your spelling is spot on brother.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Geez Chris, you are obviously trying to steal Brian's 'teflon' tag!

Good result - love the pic of Pepper Point at dawn. Nothing like a foggy Mondy morning....

Will catch up with you in December.

Regs

Pete & Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Great going Chris. It is half a sneaky trip to say the least. Gaz told me on Friday you were up there....I said "Lucky bugger" or something equally as diplomatic

You look knackered in one of those pics

Re Bird Bay entrance.....it's about 2ft right through there on the left. Les and Wendy fished it at anchor a couple of times....think they pulled fish but not sure. it's very appealing for sure.

Brian....your spelling is spot on brother.

Cheers
    Paul
    Yeh Paul ...... A few of the guys knew about it , but I didn't actually decide to go till Thurs arvo
    Knackered ..... 2 nights without a good sleep took it out of me ........ I can tell you that when I hit the sack after a few drinks on Sat night - I crashed big time.

Totally agree about that point ......... boat traffic would p_ss ya off

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Geez Chris, you are obviously trying to steal Brian's 'teflon' tag!

Good result - love the pic of Pepper Point at dawn. Nothing like a foggy Mondy morning....

Will catch up with you in December.

Regs

Pete & Kyle
    Thanks Pete

Brian owns that tag Pete ....... I dont even come close.

It was really nice up south B that morning ....... looked fishy too

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks for a top report Chris, and well done on getting onto some good barra.

I've got the itch pretty bad myself at the moment, just trying to get the planets to align to get back to Monduran. You must be trashed after a trip like that, broken rough sleeps, hard fishing - you well and truly deserve the results.

You do look trashed in that first pic!

Thanks again for the report, and well done,

Matt

ps. try some Glucosamine Rapid Cream (red tube) on the elbow, its worked wonders on my back and shoulder.

Sounds like a good trip Chris. You reckon they bite better with bananas in or out of the boat ??

With the elbow there is some good stuff the athletes and then footy players started using called Traumeel (think the spelling is right). It's a lot better than many on the market with naturopath stamp of approval for the body etc.

Told You So
    Elbows, backs and shoulders i'm sure i went over this stuff with scotty on a thread on here that might help people out with those problems, i seem to remember people not taking this thread seriously at the time.

Problems: Wear & Tear
    We are all going to get them eventually as a result of our barra fishing. It's just a matter of time, then bang, out of action or heading for problems, many will be.

Arms and backs get very tight from lack of sleep, long drives, and casting a million lures so you might want to practise a bit of that yoga you were doing at Mondy Chris... Or do a couple of stretches to prevent future problems. Or keep doing the same thing and expect a different result, what was that called again.

At times we only have mm's of clearance between muscles, ligaments so any change through bad positions & or lack of maintenance/knowledge over time is going to take its' toll, proven facts.

Prevention: It might be better than surgery in the future... Could be something could be nothing. I know which one would be less painfull. And not put you out of action...

Another factor that is a big one to consider with arm, elbow to wrist problems is the amount of time on the computer, it all adds up to tension and tight muscles, the more time in the typing position or surfing net position the worse of those areas will be, so maybe cut down on the net.

Body Position is where it all starts
    Have a look at the body and hand position on the net, i'm right here it all adds to tension through the muscles and ligaments right throught the elbow area. E.g. if you are on the net 80-100 hours a week thats at times 90 hours more tension on the muscles than our footy players will do in a weeks training.
    Food for thought.

Stuff these areas up and your finesse won't be anywhere near where it could be and i've seen some people who have gotten really weak through the hands,arms and shoulders after similar complaints. All have ramifications later on with physical things we want to do, that we now can't, including fishing.

I hope this info helps people out, it's fact.

By the way shoulder surgery later in life is a serious, serious surgery to have done, and something i wish on no-one, any surgery is serious as things can go wrong, prevention in this area is strongly advisable.

What was the other fish caught on?

Cheers Lyndon.

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingBarradise View Post
    With the elbow there is some good stuff the athletes and then footy players started using called Traumeel (think the spelling is right). It's a lot better than many on the market with naturopath stamp of approval for the body etc.

Told You So
    Elbows, backs and shoulders i'm sure i went over this stuff with scotty on a thread on here that might help people out with those problems, i seem to remember people not taking this thread seriously at the time.

Problems: Wear & Tear
    We are all going to get them eventually as a result of our barra fishing. It's just a matter of time, then bang, out of action or heading for problems, many will be.

Arms and backs get very tight from lack of sleep, long drives, and casting a million lures so you might want to practise a bit of that yoga you were doing at Mondy Chris... Or do a couple of stretches to prevent future problems. Or keep doing the same thing and expect a different result, what was that called again.

At times we only have mm's of clearance between muscles, ligaments so any change through bad positions & or lack of maintenance/knowledge over time is going to take its' toll, proven facts.

Prevention: It might be better than surgery in the future... Could be something could be nothing. I know which one would be less painfull. And not put you out of action...

Another factor that is a big one to consider with arm, elbow to wrist problems is the amount of time on the computer, it all adds up to tension and tight muscles, the more time in the typing position or surfing net position the worse of those areas will be, so maybe cut down on the net.

Body Position is where it all starts
    Have a look at the body and hand position on the net, i'm right here it all adds to tension through the muscles and ligaments right throught the elbow area. E.g. if you are on the net 80-100 hours a week thats at times 90 hours more tension on the muscles than our footy players will do in a weeks training.
    Food for thought.

Stuff these areas up and your finesse won't be anywhere near where it could be and i've seen some people who have gotten really weak through the hands,arms and shoulders after similar complaints. All have ramifications later on with physical things we want to do, that we now can't, including fishing.

I hope this info helps people out, it's fact.

By the way shoulder surgery later in life is a serious, serious surgery to have done, and something i wish on no-one, any surgery is serious as things can go wrong, prevention in this area is strongly advisable.

What was the other fish caught on?

Cheers Lyndon.
    Thanks Lyndon

Last thing first ........ The only other lure that hooked a barra was a tricked up 6" Shadalicious.

As for my elbow ......
    Brought on by spending too much time over the past 3 weeks hoiking out large heavy plastics (7" Suspending shads & 6"storm shads) ....... particularly on my last trip........ thats a lot of strain particularly on my right arm. ........ I'm not sure that there is much you can do when you are loading up a heavy rod to propell a extra heavy lure as far as you can........ & doing it for a week straight many hundreds of times.
    Anyhow .... I need to manage this over the coming weeks ... & use a maintenance regime - Thats certainly something I agree with. ( I actually start off slowly & work my way up in lures weights & effort )

Chris

Ps ...... I will look into the Traumeel
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Sounds like a good trip Chris. You reckon they bite better with bananas in or out of the boat ??
    I found that banana before I went to Borumba ......... Thankfully

I owe you

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO