Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toyota - Not for Latte and Croissant lovers

Toyota - Not for Latte and Croissant lovers

Explained further in this new toyota "Border Security" ad

Worth watching twice

Re: Toyota - Not for Latte and Croissant lovers

Thats beautiful....very funny (especially the broken down Suzuki which would cop more flogging out in the bush than the 200 series that Toyo were parading...that really gave me a giggle).

Cheeers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Very clever

Absolutely gold! that needs to be on TV! or have i just missed it?

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Ooooh RAH! Toyota tough, couldn't agree more. But I'm a bit toey about knickin' the Poodles...

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

I am thinking about purchasing a new Toyota Pretendo (You will notice in the fine print that its the new prado that is being shown in the add)

I rather that ad not air....just in case something did go wrong.....it will most probably be a suzi that helps me out.......in 99 I towed a troopy bogged at moreton out with my 96 model Suzuki Sierra....I loved that car and I would rather they not rag on it...."poor suspension and poor clearance"....the clearance on the new prados is not that impressive...

Funny add though...

I don't think they were intentionally ragging on the suzuki. I think that was probably just the "small 4wd wreck" they had lying around. They should've picked an xtrail or something like that ... I think that was their intention (ie. not a "real" 4wd like a sierra).

And what is a RAV if not a latte mobile?

Toyota, the best thing about them is their marketing department.

the pun is intended at other manufacturers 'soft roaders' - not their genuine 4WD's - which is why toyota do not show their soft roaders ie. Rav or Kluger. Good to see some humour coming back into the Toyota ads after all these years!
    just one more cast........

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh what a feeling

Pretty funny I guess.

Interestingly, there was an article in the paper motoring section on the new Prado which is coming out next month. Toyota were saying that 90% of new prado buyers have no intension of ever taking the vehicle offroad. The ground clearence is 15mm less then the current model prado.

The add was aired during the nrl grand fnial at half time......it didnt show the suzuki broken down though (i think)...it was a shortened version??.

Summer trance, I put up a thread which had a link to some detailed info on the new prado a while back. It too mentioned a reduction in ground clearance by 15 mm.

If I was to buy the new prado it would definelty be getting a substantial lift, and other mods....the st patrol, whilst not as refined, is becoming increasingly more attractive!!

I most interested to see what kind of $$$ they are going to charge. From what I have heard so far, it is going to be a substantial hike.

Good idea, but the ad was too busy for me -- very 'septic tank' style.
    They could've told the story much better in a few simple scenes. All this flashy flickery stuff makes me giddy -- like those pop videos for the ADHD Ritalin sect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Absolutely gold! that needs to be on TV! or have i just missed it?

Cheers

Chris
    Been on TV for a little while now (short version and long version), its also been posted here in the 4X4 Funny Videos thread for a while too

Either way, it is one of the best things I've seen come out of an Advertising Agency for a long time!

Great ad.
    Obviously the Toyota ad dept guys are very protected or will be now because all their latte sipping, chest shaving, man scaping (gay) mates in the ad industry would be so upset at being labelled that way.