Thread: Tandem Boat trailer tyres

Tandem Boat trailer tyres

OK I need to get some new tyres on my Tinka dual axle trailer. It has 13 HT rims and My query is what brand ? Also its hard to find Light truck tyres in 13 these days. Can I use like normal car tyres as the combined weight the tyres can carry must surely exceed the weight of the traler and boat. Any ideas?

Re: Tandem Boat trailer tyres

gday mate
    IMO your probably better off converting to 14" rim/tyre if you have the room inside the guards . plenty more options with tyres and more load. if you havn't already got dura hubs on may also be the time to fit if you need to replace the hubs to accept the bigger wheel/tyre
    these are great the last trailer i had them on went four years without replacing wheel bearings --and I only changed them the cause I thought it would be wise move --- a lot less mess than bearing buddies and easier to inspect

cheers Big Blue Crew

You need to remember to pump them up too Weddy!
    Why cant you use the previous tyres?
    Flatzie

The tyres I have at present are on there way out. Two have tread seperated in the last three months

I just had 2 Nankine light truck tyres fitted on my trailer $ 109 ea fitted but they didn't fit the balance weights on, guess you have to tell them, but got mine from a servo that hires out trailers, it had regular car tyres on it before and I think were ok except they were way to old, they even commented ," were these off Noah's ark trailer ?

you should never balance trailer wheels. the weights can let small amounts of salt water to seep into the rims and they will be destroyed from the inside out.. thats prob why they didnt fit them... not that they jus forgot..

Does anybody know a good alloy trailer rim?????????

Do you mean "good" looking or "good" functional ?
    My Dunbier trailer has factory Dunbier alloy rims, I think they look fine and they are rated for the braked dual axles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's them, if that helps ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13" light truck tyres are pretty easy to get, although most tyre places don't keep them in stock, but it's just a day or so to get them in, lots of alloy wheels to suit your size too, anything from FE to HG Holden will fit, but HK,HT,HG are 14"

Plenty of 13" LIGHT TRUCK TYRES AVAILABLE
    165X13 8 Ply $ 94.00
    175X13 8 Ply $ 99.00
    185X13 8 Ply $ 112.00 EA
    I would DEFINITELY balance them AIR DOESN'T COME OUT SO WATER CANT GET IN I Can supply these Cheers COL

They balanced mine with sticky weights rather than clip on ones.

I use Federal light truck 13" and do between 6 and 10000 k's a year . They serve me well and I think they were about $110 each.