Thread: 6 inch gulp alive shad

6 inch gulp alive shad

Hey all,

Gulp Alive 6inch jerk shads are available in NZ and i haven't come across them over here yet, and no one seems to know if we are going to get them here.

has any one imported soft plastics from overseas before?

i have heard stories before that soft plastics were hard to import, because of the liquid they are in.

cheers,

Bryn

Re: 6 inch gulp alive shad

Customs generally doesn't let Gulps through because they contain organic ingredients. I don't know if there are plans to release the 6 inchers here, I will ask.

I have received Gulp Alive in the post before (domestically), it was wrapped up within an inch of its life and packed in a large box. Heavy, too. Looks like it's better to get Alives at a bricks and mortar store, if possible.

--------------------------------

UPDATE: Apparently the 6" versions are going to be launched in Australia but there is no confirmed release date as yet.
    Last edited by Nic; 28-09-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added an update

I've bought some gulps in from the states before with other fishing gear and it went through without a problem. Not saying that it won't be stopped if it was opened by customs but mine did come in. They were in the packets not the bucket which may be different.

Cheers

Glenn

Thank nic for the update, please keep us informed if you do hear of a release date,

ill wait for them to come out here as i like to buy them in the tub, might look a little suss going through customs. i'll rather not take the risk of losing my money.