Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mondy now 28 percent

Re: Mondy now 28 percent

Okay well maybe not John Travolta
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Ren,

the one I am thinking of is in the cut thru itself, just before that single tree/stick thats on the bend in the cutthru on the right side as you go up the dam...the one sticking out is quite solid...

The stumps are like crocodiles.....its not the ones you can see that you have to worry about!!.....stupid thing is, the stump I hit, I am almost certain Eric and Deb gave me the coordinates for!!...just forgot to whack it in the sounder!!!

cheers Steve

We'll all be back fishing in the sticks soon!

Hot weather hasnt started yet, Im guessing the pumping station will be getting a good work out in the next few months?

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post

Hot weather hasnt started yet, Im guessing the pumping station will be getting a good work out in the next few months?
    If this dry weather continues and Irrigation gets a head of steam up we could see 18% or less in no time......some years ago it was the case and the fishing was nothing short of MAGNIFICANT at that time the Barra were extremely active.....although its not to say that those times could happen again if Mondy reaches 18% or less again......Those were the days when a metery was the sort after target......What I haven't experienced is Mondy at full capacity,now that would be interesting......anyhow just some old memories that I would love to re-visit again.....Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

When the dam is at 18 percent are you still able to launch using a normal car or doyou need a 4x4

shane

At 18% Shane the only thing you could launch was a Canoe at the Cabin dirt ramp....There are a few Prop busters in the ramp area.......You can generally launch at the second dirt ramp, the mate could launch there with a 425 Horizon Stalker with no problems....... failing that its the Cement ramp with 857 others......Cheers Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Ren,

the one I am thinking of is in the cut thru itself, just before that single tree/stick thats on the bend in the cutthru on the right side as you go up the dam...the one sticking out is quite solid...

The stumps are like crocodiles.....its not the ones you can see that you have to worry about!!.....stupid thing is, the stump I hit, I am almost certain Eric and Deb gave me the coordinates for!!...just forgot to whack it in the sounder!!!

cheers Steve
    Thanks Stevo

I know where you mean now. The one I was talking about was slightly to the right of middle at the upstream exit to the cut through....just where you veer right before heading on the way to White Rock.

Cheers
    Ren

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post

We need another 3+ M of water at Mondy - then we will be fishing some great country

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Can't see that happening for a little while yet Chris, but yeah, it would be nice.

Cheers
    Paul

I think its going to get worse before it gets better.......At 100% for example it will be back to school again....I hope everyone is taking note of all those great spots that will one day be covered....( theres another job for the GPS).....Its amazing how the topography of Monduran changes with an increase in capacity
    I look forward to those days.......I pose the question: Will it mean that the water temp will be warmer because it is now closer to the sun he asks with tongue in cheek.......cheers Whitto

The long range forecast (if you can believe it) is predicting below average rainfall for the Wide Bay district until June 2010.

If this turns out to be the case then Monduran will continue to fall steadily. While I also have happy memories of Mondy at 18% (as late as January 2008!) I will be taking the opportunity to spend some time marking likely spots for when the water level rises again.

Wish I had done so back then....

Regs

Pete

I went right up the dam to the entrance of Two mile creek when it was 18%.....pretty much had to idle from "J" all the way up as the channel was full of sticks and we were constantly were bumping over hidden logs.

18 percent wow got some awsome memorys of that time i say big ren is right its doesnt look good for a while that is for sure but things can change

Spoke to Spuds father in law, he controls the release of water from Monduran.

At the moment they are releasing about 30-40 mega litres per day....

This will increase as the planting season (cane) begins to get into full swing, it will get up around the 70 to 90 megs a day.!!...Now I thought that was heaps, but he reckons they have the ability (and have done) released upwards of 220 megalitres a day!!!!

At the moment most is being released into the Kolan as part of the natural flow thing...they have to do this throughout the year...the rest is keeping the channel flowing for irrigation.

Now I thought....jeez this will empty the dam in no time....BUT did you know at 100% Monduran has 580,000 megalitres of water!!!!! thats 580,000 million litres!!!!! so 30 megs a day really isnt that much!!!! and its shoreline at 100% is suposedly 320km!!!

Bit of useless info...but interesting!!

cheers Steve

Pretty amazing stats Steve. 320km.....The bloke with the clicker wheel would be awfully tired measuring all that shoreline Just read your lucky escape story in that other thread...man you are lucky mate...could have been much worse....just goes to show eh.

Cheers
    Paul