Thread: Double burn chilli oil

Double burn chilli oil

I took some of my chilli oil up to 1770 M&G this year for a laugh, but a few enjoyed it and have asked for the recipe, so here it is.

Double burn chilli oil

I use the small “birds eye” chillies, other work just well. Only the hotness will vary

• Wash chillies and remove any stork bits.
    • Place chillies into a plastic bag and gently bruise/split the chillies. On larger chillies slice down the middle.
    • Remove from bag and place on a large flat baking tray. Place in a warm area to allow the chillies to dry out. You only need to remove about 50% of the moisture. This stops the chillies from going off.
    • Place chillies in a clean sterilized jar and cover with a good quality olive oil.
    • Leave to stand for a couple of weeks before using. The longer they stand, the more infused the oil becomes with the chilli flavour and the darker the oil will be.
    • Just keep topping up the oil as you use it. I have been using the same jar for about 2 years now, and the oil is a very dark yellow.
    • enjoy

How I like to use it

Add a few drops to the top of a spag bog, and top with cheese
    On a hot dog.
    Mix a teaspoon of the oil with onions next time your having them fried on a BBQ.

Re: Double burn chilli oil

Nice brew Tropicrows
    many years ago a mate owned Toko Baru in cairns, this chick come in and said she would tip $50 if he could make a chilli dish she couldn't eat
    so we took in a bottle of split birdseyes soaked in pickled onion juice and left in a dark cupboard for a couple of months
    she tried it with desert spoon full when she could finally talk again she pulled out a folding 50 and left
    she came back the next Friday night and never mentioned hot chilli again
    we use it the same way you do ..a few drops at a time
    Cheers
    IFISHCQ2

top stuff Bruce

that stuff is seriously good

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    How I like to use it

Add a few drops to the top of a spag bog, and top with cheese
    On a hot dog.
    Mix a teaspoon of the oil with onions next time your having them fried on a BBQ.
    A teaspoon was added to about 5 mid sized onions for a nice little kick nothing too hot on the Thursday night last week in Agnes. Just don't add 1 teaspoon to 1 or 2 onions because it wil be HOT ! Good stuff will be giving it a go for sure

just put a couple of teaspoons full on plate of chicken cacciatore and yep yep it is good

cheers Murf

Sounds good, will have to try that one, especially in spag bog, i've just been adding a bit of tobasco or cayene powder.
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

The first attempt went pear shaped using larger chillie's and failing to take out enough moisture Result = a murky fermented shite.

Tried smaller chillies this time with a bit more moisture taken out and after 7 days clear oil and no fermintation another week of brewing and i'll give it a go

the new big batch of chillies are just ripening up now so it won't be long before I give it a go

cheers Murf

Damo
    looking good mate, hidden talents
    Tangles KFC

Or for fun, you can wipe the oil round the top of someones ( murf's if you like ) glass of moonshine and trick them into thinking that the hot taste is coming from something that is being cooked on the stove.

funniest vid I've seen in years..........

LP>
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Or for fun, you can wipe the oil round the top of someones ( murf's if you like ) glass of moonshine and trick them into thinking that the hot taste is coming from something that is being cooked on the stove.

funniest vid I've seen in years..........

LP>
    ha ha bloody ha

took me a while didn't it

cheers Murf

2 weeks later and Wow ! Hot