Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Furuno FCV620 Pictures of arches

Re: My Furuno FCV620 Pictures of arches

Aharding - is it just the clear water that allows you to see your line and jig...I have not done a lot of tuning to get that sorted but so far I cannot see mine on my 620.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

As said above the red blobs seem to be snapper. I saw 4-5 good ones on a shallow wreck and on the first cast with a placcie hit one on the head and up it came.

Cheers

stewy,

IMO.

Furuno make the best sounder on the market.

Timi is right, use the manual controls.

Try this link to help:-

http://www.afn.com.au/shop/scdproducts.asp?CatID=179

Now.

IMO again..... turn you back screen to Black. WHY ? well, you have X amount of colours and they range from white / yellow to maroon / red. In that range you'll have blue colours. Having a blue screen removes that colour from your identifying capability.

Black screens are also much easier to read at night. They also offer a better contrast with the other colours.

From the photos you've posted, I would say your gain ( sensitivity ) is too high.
    Some of the items in the snap shots look like " rubbish / clutter / false echoes " to me, due mainly to the depth of water you are in.

Bottom Lock and Zoom functions on a split screen will be a great asset. You will be able to set the Bottom Lock range.

here's a fuzzy shot of a 668, split screen with zoom on the left. Coming into a bait school with the gain high. 61 mtrs of water. You see the " tails " in the dark colour, tails being tell tale pointy bits below the bottom structure telling me the hardness.

cheers phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Nice pink towel Phill.

Cheers

Damn.... note to self.

" Remove identifying materials from dashboard "

LP

damn you have lots of pink things phill
    no wonder stu calls you filthy phill

Great sounder, the FCV 668 pink or not!
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Aharding - is it just the clear water that allows you to see your line and jig...I have not done a lot of tuning to get that sorted but so far I cannot see mine on my 620.

Cheers
    Not really, water is pretty grubby in our harbour. I up the sensitivity in the calibration menu adding +10 for both 200khz and 50khz, so I'm in fact running quite a high sensitivity setting even though it shows as 5 or 6. What does make a big difference is the amount of suspended matter and planktonic organisms in the water, these can really mess up your reading so this is one situation where you can wind back the "declutter" or "colour erase".

The 620 works great in manual gain mode, I'm not a fan of the auto "digital" processing, I think it removes too much of the important bits. Bottom Lock is the single best feature of the 620, I use it religiously.

Here's a few more pics taken in the weekend clearly marking fish above the burley pot and showing my plastic being wound up to intercept a school of large Mackerel.

Thanks mate. I have not been using auto. I have it powered up pretty hard and try to keep the declutter to a minimum using colour reduction more so...and I am happy for quite a bit of top clutter as long as I am getting good strong bottom and to an extent mid column returns. I love this sounder.

Cheers again

just a big whack of bait by the loooks phill?
    did you dangle a line around that show?
    cheers dale

yep, just bait. Dale

Threw a line down and caught

shot taken off 1770.

Cheers phill

Ausfish Platinum Member whiteman's Avatar

I went to BCF yesterday to look at plotters and the guy there was good with the 620. He uses the TVG setting to help increase the sensitivity of the gain. In demo mode what he did made a lot of sense. Just another setting to fiddle with!

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Thanks mate. I have not been using auto. I have it powered up pretty hard and try to keep the declutter to a minimum using colour reduction more so...and I am happy for quite a bit of top clutter as long as I am getting good strong bottom and to an extent mid column returns. I love this sounder.

Cheers again

Hi Ozscott, have you tryed putting colour back. you may have cut one colour too many.

I worked on boats in Shark bay WA. the skipper had the unit tuned that well if there wasnt a light blue colour above the balls of snapper you new they werent fully on the chew. you could still catch them but not near as well as if there was the light blue above.

On my unit, snapper show up as solid red blobs. this is what I look for.

cheers, Stu

My screen colour is black. only colour not used in sounding

More pics of sounder