Thread: Spinnerbait stinger hooks

Spinnerbait stinger hooks

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is a particular style of hook or set up that you use for a stinger hook on a spinnerbait?

I have just come back from a great trip to the upper fitzroy catchment area catching sarratoga and sooty grunter. The stinger hook set up I had was a very small circle hook swinging off some 50lb braid that was attached to the main hook. this worked well for a while and managed to pin a small toga in the corner of the mouth but eventually the braid wore through. Now Im looking for a better system of stinger hook, as after I lost the one I had, I ended up missing alot of hits due to the fish attaking the soft plastic tail on the spinnerbait and not hooking up. Would be interested to hear of the set ups other people use and what style/brand of stingers others use?

Thanks

Scotty

Re: Spinnerbait stinger hooks

Scotty,

Gamagatsu do a siwash stinger hook which has a wide enough eye to slide over the original spinnerbait hook. you then get a lumo bead (gamagatsu does them too) and feed it over the main hook to stop the stinger slipping back off...the stinger just swings free, trailing behind main hook...or you can use any bit of plastic or rubber to slide over the main hook to prevent the stinger falling off.

Hope that makes sense!!!

Cheers steve

Thanks Steve,

That sounds perfect. Now its just a matter of finding those hooks in Rocky. Might have to get them ordered.

Cheers

Scotty

Most tackle shops should have them. They come in a pack of 5 or 6...its a green colour pack...same with the lumo beads.

Good luck Cheers Steve