Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Agnes / 1770 M & G report

Talking 2009 Agnes / 1770 M & G report

Well folks, the latest installment of the longest running AF M & G has been run.

To all the participants, please post your pics and report here.

I will put my version ( and even some truth ) here shortly.

To those that wanted to attend or didn't know about this... it rated high.

Stay tuned for everyones interpretation of the week.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: 2009 Agnes / 1770 M & G report

The 2009 Agnes Water / 1770 Ausfish Meet &Greet Round – Up

This is my take on the M & G for this year.

The attendees that I recall are below and if I missed anyone, sorry, it was a bit of a blur.

Lucky_Phill………phill
    murf………………paul
    thedeckie…………paul
    chong……………..matt
    Deiter……………..damo
    chicksloveit……….stuie
    JD…………………Jarred
    Rob Tranter……….Rob
    Wardey……………garry ward
    timiboy……………Tim
    Black-Rat………….Damo
    Aigutso……………Mike
    tropicrows…………Bruce
    Apollo……………..Steve
    trymyluck…………mark
    NEWBY……………newby
    Mr-Bean……………Darren
    ……………………..Alan
    ……………………..Dave
    ……………………..Steve
    Revs57……………..Rhys
    ……………………..Steve
    ……………………..Lee
    banditt……………….Steve plus 4 crew
    TheRealAndy……….Andy
    RAGINGBULL……..mark plus 16 crew / extras

With NEWBY’s promise of great weather, this years M & G was well and truly going to be well attended. Boat sizes ranged from 4.1mtr to 35ft with most in the 5.85 – 6.5mtr range. I believe everyone caught fish and there were many firsts and PB’s.

murf and myself headed up a couple of days early due to weather conditions looking great for a pre-fish. Motored out to the Fitzroy area on Wednesday with light to moderate winds that persisted through the night, but in the morning it glassed out and the fish were on.

Team ReBait put in 2 overnighters and a day trip in the first 7 days…. Knacked…. ? yes !

I’d like to thank a lot of people for this years event.

Firstly to murf for once again providing great commemorative shirts and good company.

To Apollo ( Steve ) and trymyluck ( Mark ) for the bait gathering.

To NEWBY for getting the weather almost right.

To banditt and crew for making the long journey from Port Stephens.

To murf, Rob Tranter and JD for popping up from NSW mid coast

A big thanks to roz for the house once again.

Below is some tid bits that may need further explanation from those concerned.

1. The CARNELYPA roll on the bar ???......NEWBY ?

2. Apollo jerking the heads off fish ???????????? Steve ?

3. C & R trout on poppas ? murf ?

4. Record catch,…. Most people in one day ? murf ?

5. Dancing with pensioners ? Stuie ?

6. RANGA…………….. ???????

7. ARSUP on rocks and surf fishing sitting down.. ? Stuie ?

8. Clearing the bar at the tavern……. ? Mr Bean ?

9. Midnight bar crossing ?........... Timi ?

10. What side to the green bouy ?.......... Timi ?

11. Spano hook-up with gaff shots going wrong ? Apollo and trymyluck ?

12. Marlin boated and realeased……… trymyluck

13. marlin hooked and lost……….. tropicrows / timi ?

14. PB red………………….Aigutso ?

15. Bag out on Black Bream ?............ chong ?

16. Shadow boxing and leg humping … ? Black‑Rat ???

17. Hit and run cod in the creek…………. Andy ?

18. no report. ?.....................................banditt ?

19. Look at the size of that meat tray….. Wardey ?

20. Eyes wide open……. Rob tranter and JD ? first time at reefs

21. XOS trout and long nose…………….. Revs57 ?

22. Smelly boat winner……………………Revs57 ?

23. Who sleeps through a red hot RED bite ?...... Mr Bean ?

24. Who is the new iodine King. ?................. JD ?

25. 1st and PB reds………………………..Alan ?

26. Broken targa……………………….? Lucky_Phill

27. Who drinks “ girlie “ drinks ……….Lucky_Phill ?

28. Luring for lures ?... Timi ? and Team Bubi ?

29. New record… no land based spews……….. cool !

30. New record… water based spews………..tropicrows ?

31. terminal tackle xmas tree…………….. Rob Tranter ?

32. New Grinner king ……………………..Apollo ?

33. Pouring Flat beers and stealing dregs…….. Casey ????

34. Results of the Cook-Off.

1st……..murf
    2nd…….chong
    3rd…….roz ( by proxy )
    4th…….L.P. ( packet spring rolls )
    5th……..mike….. last years winner… what happened ?

Funniest events were too numerous to mention, but here is two.

The Footballer:-

After a rather long and indulgent night at the tavern on Friday night, thedeckie rises after daybreak to stand and demand to know where that “ %#@% “ is ? Spying chong sleeping in swag on the deck, he proceeds through the door at speed , lines up mattress and punts with all force he could muster, only to miss mattress and connect squarely with the back of chongs head. “ get up you #@%# , he proclaims “. Walks back inside and demands breakfast. Chong, still with teeth rattling, looks around, shakes head and goes back to sleep. No one injured and all in good fun.

Part 2:- Burning lips of Fire !

Cook off preparations going well at Sunlover, but thedeckie ( once again ) has a plan. Tropicrows has supplied him with the “ chillies from hell “ and the deckie is rubbing the oil from these around the top of murf’s glass of joy everytime he turns his back. Tears from eyes, lips ablaze, coughing and more……. When asked if that is the hottest chilli he has ever had, murf shakes his head, but after no word for 15 seconds or so states in a raspy roughish voice……… “ maybe ‘…. All this caught on video… lol and then some !!!

Photos to follow.

Cheers
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 19-09-2009 at 09:14 AM.

some pics. I will let murf do the rest.

Sunrise at Fitzroy Lagoon:-

murfs XOS Moses:-

couple of nice spangles:-

Damo getting ready for a night at the tavern :-

the breakfast cooks :-

the chongs Black Bream efforts... bagged about 8 :-

little trout from 34mtrs.:-

the rig. 6.2 sportfish Super Vee and new colorado.

cheers

For those that want to know.

Fuel usage for boat was around the 140ltrs for 200k's and Colorado used 14.8ltrs / 100 towing the big rig on the trip home.

Team ReBait put Trout, Parrot, Hussar, Pearl Perch, Spangled Emporer, Red Throat, Amberjack, Estuary Cod, Coronation Trout and more in the esky.

Only one Iodine bream and one Grinner were caught. Vermin consisted of one shark to murf at 6ft plus and I managed a Wobbygong at 4ft.

Whales playing at the back of the boat and many friendly dolphins were an added extra.

Best bait was hard to pick, but certainly mullet fillet accounted for the majority. Fresh flesh went well as did the fresh poddies. Others scored really well on livies.

Phill

Great report Phill. Sounds like a fat old time with many laughs. Well done to all involved.

Cheers
    Scott

I'm looking forward to some explanations. Sounds like some shananigans went on.

Dave
    Avast ye matey!

Team Bubi had fun.

The trip up was punctuated with too many stops, which drew it out into an 8.5 hour marathon. The fellas in Chicksloveit were drunker at each stop... Still, we eventually arrived at "Verandahs", and what a fine pad she is. Off to the pub for dinner, some lovely chats, and saw some faces that I was looking forward to!

Saturday dawned with a friggin' huge headache, and a bit too much breeze for this old hack. So we had some robust discussions about "where to tomorrow" and what tackle to take. Later it was off to the cookoff, and a very high standard was achieved. Tangles coming in last place was rough, I had him picked for second, but I did not try JD's creation. Bruce (Tropicrows) and I left early to watch the Crows game, and, while it was a top match, I nearly cried at the outcome.

Sunday saw us punching out to the reef, target - Boult Reef. 3 hours... Tired Skipper... "Try the 50 metre line behind it" was the message. We did. A few Tuskies, but nothing of note, had us a little frustrated, so we started to look further afield. "It's bloody 50m deep EVERYWHERE!!!" was heard by all within a 5 mile radius... So, pick out a mark "out there" and drive to it, watching the ground. About 8 ks from Boult, holy schlamoly, what's that??? Good shows, and a bit of motoring about showed us that this was all over the place. NICE!

By this time Bruce is burleying up nicely, and the rest of us dropped over the side. Mike's first legal Red comes up, and a nice Redthroat, but time is ebbing, and it's pretty rough, so off to Musgrave. The verdict? WHAT A DUMP! My clears had come unstitched, so we were all wet. I was annoyed about that, and poor old Bruce, after regrowing his lungs over that few weeks , had yodelled most of them up again, so I figured it was time for home. We burned outta that joint, had a quick meet with Stuie & team, and hammered for home and a nice warm bed.

Crossing the bar at night was fun. We DID find the wrong side of the outer Green marker, but survived. After painfully picking our way in with no moon, we finally got her off the water, and hit the bales. S...T...U...F...F...E...D...

Out again Monday - where's Bruce? He was having breathing difficulties aparrently, something to do with having no lungs - so we left him behind to manage domestic duties. First stop, livies. And, man, they were on. We loaded up on slimies, and headed for yesterday's spot X. It delivered...

I took first drop with a livie and a 5 kg Maori come up, double quick. I was only allowing one livie at a time, as Tangles was there... He took over, and after a while we had another Cod, a slightly larger Blue Maori! I chucked a second livie down (impatient) and BAM! A quick piscatorial debate and an 11kg Ambo comes in, PB! Soon after that a decent Spangly hit the deck too. Damo was keeping it real with the bottom bouncer, but the bait just wasn't doing the trick. He made a solid contribution to the take with a couple of Tuskies. Anyhoo, the bite shut down, and we moved off to check if that boat over there was Newby.

It was. As soon as we were in earshot, Newbs is hanging out of the flybridge screaming about Collingwood, really sticking in the boot. I didn't say anything about the crate they were fishing from, suffice to say "you came out here in THAT???" JD and Tranter were on the back, being raucous as usual. Good fun!

We headed home soon after, pretty happy with our results.

Tuesday was a quiet day, needed a rest. Still, I got hot feet and chased the boys onto the tub for an arvy troll around the headland. A diver and a skirt, no one can tangle that combo, right? Enough said... No fish.

Wednesday, meet up with Rhys. 5.30 at the ramp? Hey, this is Rhys, right? make it 6... Met the man on the bait grounds, and we moved around a lot, finally found some very hungry yakkas, mixed with a couple of slimies, and a lovely Bonito! Well, the Bonito went face down into a bucket with the deckwash up his schnozz, while Tangles and Damo stuck a bunch of 100lb leader and a butcher's hook on. Bunged the hook through the Bonito's top jaw, and Bruce starts to feed him out. Within 20 seconds, said Bonito has grown, and the line that was feeding was streaming out! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! WE'RE ON!!!! 15 minutes from the ramp! Anyway, Off I go after it, and I think we managed to give it a bit of line, so he got off. Lesson learned.

Off to Bustard Head following the Flamin' Riptide (what a beautiful traveller she is!) and a troll around the rocks. Livies, tremblers, divers, no luck. Zip. Zilch. So off we go looking for fish. 15 k's along, "Stop" is the message from Rhys. So we've pulled up, and started mapping out a show. And mapped, and mapped. Holy crap, this is HUUUUUGE!!! As big as a football field! We started to fish, and soon Lee on the Riptide had 7 or 8 kgs of Islander in, and I had an Islander about 45cm. Then, for reasons I shall call "my own", we had to up sticks and pull out early. Rhys followed us in, lamenting the missing of what was going to be the afternoon bite to end all. He went back to this spot christened "Cracker" next day, and did... well. DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!!!

Hit the road on Thursday morning, and had an easy trip home, with the exception of a blown tire on the trailer. Clean up Friday and Agnes is over for another year.

Only, what, 348 sleeps to go?

Cheers,

Tim
    Last edited by TimiBoy; 19-09-2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: spellin'
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Yep, team Bubi did have great fun. Thanks to Tim, Damo & Mike for the great times. Damo gets 10/10 for the place we stayed at. We all learnt a few new words and sayings. Two that come to mind are; "that big bad boy" and my favourite “where not here to f#@k spiders” don’t know where Damo pulled it from but what a ripper.
    How many more sleeps, to 1770 next year, too bloody many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

How's the lungs Bruce?

Glad you blokes/ladies had a good time. I was wishing I was there, but this time work was in the way.

New words??? New words last year ....now new words this year??? I'm in next year - lock it in eddie!

Thanks for the heads up Phil.

Cheers,
    Wags

Yeah had a ball again, don't believe everything Phill says

Just uploading a couple of Vids to Youtube to put up over the next few hours.

looks like u guys down pretty well headiin up in 2 weeks with our fishing club.. hopefully get some good weather like u guys!
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Heading over the Bar on a low run out tide

About a bad as it gets

Mikes PB Kingie

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    How's the lungs Bruce?

Glad you blokes/ladies had a good time. I was wishing I was there, but this time work was in the way.

New words??? New words last year ....now new words this year??? I'm in next year - lock it in eddie!

Thanks for the heads up Phil.

Cheers,
    Wags

No Probs Wags, lungs fine but the throat still sore !!!!!!
    Alli wants me to change my name from Tropicrows to "Chunder Chops" or "Berley Boy"
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Thanks to all who organised this and to Mark for letting me tag along. Had a great time and was good to put some faces to names. Caught a few fish but not as much as hoped. Highlight was Mark's marlin. It went off like a frog in a sock and jumped well over a dozen times. Thought it a top effort on a beat up senator and our prized lazor pro (complete with rusty hooks) Good on Mark for making the call to do a release to ensure this magnificent fish gets to swim away. I will let Mark give the story on the capture as it was his.

Thanks to Newby for taking us out for a run in the FFF Carnelpya. Great time and plenty of good banter - just like here but no typing! Was good to get the first trolled fish on the berty even if it did take our lucky lure to do it.

Few pics. Three of the marlin, one of our spaniards, evening sundowners and nibblies on Newby's tub.
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/USER/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/USER/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]