Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2009 Agnes / 1770 M & G report

Re: 2009 Agnes / 1770 M & G report

Any news Matt?

Did you check your marks were outside the parks?

- Darren

I checked, I stuffed up big time. Just scraped into the northern corner of green off Fitzroy but I was in it nonetheless. Stupidity is no excuse though so it will be an expensive trip. :-( More embarassing than anything considering I consider myself pro-conservation and would be the first one to tell someone that rules is rules..

Matt.

hi
    just read the report
    sounds like all had a great trip.

maybe aus didnt want your arse kicked AGAIN
    "whats the time"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I checked, I stuffed up big time. Just scraped into the northern corner of green off Fitzroy but I was in it nonetheless. Stupidity is no excuse though so it will be an expensive trip. :-( More embarassing than anything considering I consider myself pro-conservation and would be the first one to tell someone that rules is rules..

Matt.

Hey Matt,

It's not hard to make a mistake, with so many different zones up there, do you know what kind of fines they will hit you with?

I wish these bloody mapping companies can sort out the green zone issues and shade the marine parks green, so it can reduce the risk of us boaties ending up in the green zones.

Bryn

Matt.
    Matt from what I have read here, you havent been contacted/charged yet is that correct????
    If that is so, why the hell are you posting admission of guilt here. Mate, have the moderators erase all that pertains to this subject asap and be more careful next time eh.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

$1100 for being in a green zone. I called them to make sure they didn't think I was in the green as I was pretty sure of it. They said I was just in it so I went home to double check the GPS marks and unfortunately, they were right so I told them so. Already had the recorded interview where I admit to being a dumbass and rules is rules so I'll take the hit and definately be more careful next time..! Will invest in a GPS with the maps before I head up there again I think. ;-)

Matt.

$1100 for being in a green zone. I called them to make sure they didn't think I was in the green as I was pretty sure of it. They said I was just in it so I went home to double check the GPS marks and unfortunately, they were right so I told them so. Already had the recorded interview where I admit to being a dumbass and rules is rules so I'll take the hit and definately be more careful next time..! Will invest in a GPS with the maps before I head up there again I think. ;-)

Matt.
    ouch feel for ya mate

you try so hard to be good and still cop a flogging

lesson learnt the hard way

cheers Murf

Matt.
    Mate I'd be writing a letter explaining the difficulties in knowing just where the green zones start and finish. Explain that it was an honest mistake and the bloody gps had been playing up all bloody morning and you just drifted in too close.

Everyone deserves a chance now and again.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    Mate I'd be writing a letter explaining the difficulties in knowing just where the green zones start and finish. Explain that it was an honest mistake and the bloody gps had been playing up all bloody morning and you just drifted in too close.

Everyone deserves a chance now and again.

Mark

Agree fully with the suggestion above, I would also ask the others in the boat to sign and affidavate (spelling??) to the effect that you thought your navigation was correct at the time and that you thought you were clear of the Marine Park boundary (as evidenced by your earlier post here).

If it was me I would be fronting the court to tell my story.

The law is meant to be there to protect the innocent not to persecute the honest error.

- Darren

"The law is meant to be there to protect the innocent not to persecute the honest error"

judge judy

i'm sorry i didnt mean to take the lorry!
    was it good fishing in the GREEN zone ??
    "whats the time"

yeh how many trout did yah get for $1100 ?

Matt

Were you actually in the act of fishing, while in the Green Zone, they tried this crap on me near Sandon.
    The parks boat pulled up next to me and said I was in the Sanctuary, so what was my reply, am I fishing, NO.

They still requested my details to which go f@#k yourself was the reply, but I eventually gave them what they wanted.
    When Fisheries contacted me with the threat of a fine I said go for it, I'll see you in Court as I was not Fishing when the Park Police pulled up next to me, we were drifting. The reply was no fine as it would take to long and cost to much if I took them to court, so they sent me a warning which was promptly filed in the bin.

Don't give in if you didn't do anything wrong.

Rob T

I was fishing. They have me waving to the plane dumb and dumber style with a rod in my hand. Fine arrived yesterday, the missus opened it and spat the dummy at me but what can you do. It does feel pretty harsh now that I have to actually come up with the coin to hand over. Ouch!

Matt.

Well guys, the jury has been out for while but thay are back now with the verdict.

Newby's recommended timing for the meet and greet, with regard to most likely best wind, payed off.

I have watched and wondered after giving the big bloke a bit of curry in the lead up to our week away when the wind looked like it may have blown up, but I must now say well done.

I reckon it payed off to go early this year.

- Darren