Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Agnes / 1770 M & G report

Re: 2009 Agnes / 1770 M & G report

no 26:- broken targa.

The shots below will tell the story as to why I was reluctant to do the last couple of days punching out into the slop.

close up.

across the top and every corner:-

and the front tube supports were.....ordinary !

and yes, the targa was roped down for security>

I have an AF member onto it for repairs and strengthening...or, I'll cut the top off and do something like Timiboy has. ???????

There was so much movement, it broke the windscreen apart at the corners and was held in place with gaffa tape.

That trout had teeth, murf...

phill
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 20-09-2009 at 08:21 AM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

and a couple more.

outside the rear support and the join at the steps at the bottom.

Well, it looks like ReBait will be off the water for a while.

New trailer goes under her in 2 weeks, weld mods, new windscreen and some rewiring, then a cabin upholster and poly flooring. Just in time for the mackerel season !... I hope.

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

17. Hit and run cod in the creek…………. Andy ?

not the one that got away but the best we could manage for a days lure flicking up Eurimbula creek watching chong bag out on black bream

Andy

Well, another Agnes done and dusted,

many thanks to Bruce, Damo and Tim for a great weeks fishing, put some nice fish in the esky and the verado certainly impresses, thanks to Phil for organising it and to all who attended, special thanks to Rhys,, and geez that Riptide goes well.

thanks to Newbs for not attending the cook-off, and Newbs your non-attendance almost won it mate, as no -one had to eat your ribs again
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Team Bubi had fun.
    Then, for reasons I shall call "my own", we had to up sticks and pull out early.

Tim
    Shart????????
    Avast ye matey!

awsome report guys love the pics im heading to 1770 in a week hope i can get as good a pics like you did
    cheers jase

Looks like a great time had........jealous - you bet I am. Going next year rain, hail or shine......F***** Oath!!!

Well done lads.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    Apollo and deckie gaff shots

We were heading in and found these guys fighting a fish, Stuie wasn't far behind heading in.

Yer thanks for puting that up, jeeze all i can say is that bloody gaff is f@#$@d But hey it will learn..
    Great to meet all you b#ms and be able to put faces to names. As far as the marlin goes all i can say it was all dumb luck, lucky to get it to the boat. After it jumped 2 or 3 times it took off at a great rate of knots straight at the boat. But hey a marlin is a marlin.

Hey Phil whats the dates for next year.

Mark

Ok, (not righto)

JD & myself left God's Country (where the calls local) around 4 a.m. last Saturday
    arrived Agnes about 2.30
    Introductions to the boy's (Stu, Damo and Wardy)who had already moved in.

The tour for Jarrod started with a few ales at the Tavern, then apparently the Cook off had been moved to Sundance.
    It went off without any problems, although I don't remember any draw for Fishing Rod's

Sunday and where off to Fitzroy lagoon with Phill and Murf ( who dropped a nice trout while retreaving a poppa ) to meet up with Newbs on Carnelpya.
    Newb's had us fishing around some reef (which the name of esscapes me) for him to start catching Trout, and for Jarrod to be introduced to Iodine Bream (and to commence his challenge against Blaze for the coverted trophy of IODINE KING

After a great day it was back to Fitzroy lagoon to meet up with Phill and Murf for a refreshing ale and some tucker, not to mention a well deserved camp.

Monday saw us running around various spots, so that Newbs could continue his run with the Trout, meanwhile JD and myself continued our duel with Iodine bream and some Hussar. During our galavanting around the Pacific we ran across TIMI and his crew in BOOBY (thats how you spell BOOBY Tim ), and while out there in the 50 odd metre water JD once again carried on his challenge for the Iodine crown. We eventually retired to Lady Musgrave for a beer/singlebarrel/tucker and some sleep.

Tuesday and the call from BADEYE, come on you lazy bastards get up and get fishing, so up and away we went, again for Newbs to catch more Trout, while JD and myself carried on in vain. By the end of the trip Jarrod had landed a nice Tusky, with a Tomatoe cod to keep it company, while my only legal keeper was a just bigger than pan sized Tusky.

We had a Bloody Ball

Thanks to Phill for the lift out, and again thanks to Newbs for the Two nights. You are a Legend, but don't tell anyone I said so.

His some pic's

Rob T

Heres some more

and more of the cook off

and the last of them still with no fish, everyone else has pics of fish

Good to see youse all had a ball . Some great photo's for all of us to put name to faces as well.
    Might have to put my name up as well for next year . I'm organising a run up to Pearl Bay next year with a few guys in june so will see where it put's all of us
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Rob is that Streaker Wayne in one of those pic's?
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

G'Day all,

Well, another Agnes Water / 1770 Meet and Greet gone by and a whole lot more learnt again.

This year our crew set our sights on the reds and all our planning was around taking it a bit easy during the day and fishing hard into the night. With good bait on ice (thanks Steve) and rods rigged for some heavy work we set out on Sunday with the intention of finding the good bait schools around Musgrave. The best showings seemed to be around Stewart Shouls at the back of Musgrave so that is where we head for the evening bite.

Didn't all go to plan with one of our crew getting sea sick once all light was gone but we did boat one red amongst other reefies.

Back to the Lagoon for calm water and dinner and we thought we would try the early bite the next day. Day bite was very slow so we head to another mark around Boult for a look, many drifts later we were still working hard for very little so the call was made to head back over to the shouls to find the Hussar again.

This time we hit jackpot with hot bites between 6.30pm and 8.30pm. I ended up in bed in the cabin with flu and cold shivers but the boys brought in 6 reds whilst loosing some of the realy big hits to fish that head into the reef of just plain busted off on a big run.

By 8.30pm we were all fully spent and we felt we had done well so back into the lagoon for some tucker and some rest.

Early to rise again, this time calling past Carnhelpya to ensure they also got to view the sun coming up , only to be greeted with expletives from the cabin.

Day bite was very slow again so we head for 1770 and were back on the ramp about 9am after being out for 2 nights.

A couple days of settling wind and "days of rest" before we head out again on Friday, this time again planning the night bite at the back of Musgrave. Much slower this night with only 2 reds in the boat and not much at all showing on the sounder, we couldn't believe the difference. Previously the sounder was alive with hussar and other schools but this time the whole hump was quiet.

We threw in the towel and got back in the lagoon about midnight after a bit of a hairy run to the lagoon entrance in a fair bit of sea after the wind had picked right up.

Next morning the wind had dropped so we decided to head well south and onto the Wargi marks for a look, pulled a good variety of fish from that area as we slowly filled up the box.

Pulled up stumps about midday and head home for the last run to 1770 for the trip, a little bit sloppy coming back in over the bar this time as the sea and outgoing tide did their thing.

All fish cleaned and filleted, boat washed and off to the pub for the last supper.

Head back home today and we are all stuffed.

Thanks again to all involved in the running of this year's M&G, and don't forget to support the sponsors of our shirts where we can!

Some of our memorable moments below.

- Darren

Heating up fried rice in the lagoon

One of our planning sessions in the lagoon

Battle stations

When it's hot it's hot

One of the biggest that had to go back

A good mix of fish

After the first trip out

After the second trip out

And some smiling faces

And finally, the crew safe at home after a very big week away.

Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 21-09-2009 at 06:45 AM.