Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soft Plastic Combos

Re: Soft Plastic Combos

Normal Braid is fibre's braided together (just like girls hair) and GSP is fused together...both are similar material but different manufacturing.
    For fishing reports, fishing info, new techniques and fishing news read;
    Savvy Fishing Blog

Quote Originally Posted by kevvie View Post
    Normal Braid is fibre's braided together (just like girls hair) and GSP is fused together...both are similar material but different manufacturing.
    I think you may find that both are made from GSP (Gel-spun polyethylene). Fibres are either braided together (eg Fins), fused together (eg Fireline) or both as in Stren Microfuse
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I think you may find that both are made from GSP (Gel-spun polyethylene). Fibres are either braided together (eg Fins), fused together (eg Fireline) or both as in Stren Microfuse

This is how I always understood it to be. The gel spun refers to the initial way of creating the fibre. The how it is used is like Horse said either its braided together to form a constant string/length or thermally fused. I'm sure this is also how it was described in an article from a magazine once, but I haven't been able to find it at the moment.

Cheers
    Glenn