Thread: Blue tack loom

Blue tack loom

G'day all ,
    i've been looking at looms and was thinking about making one ,but as i'm only practicing on old dowel lengths about 9 inches long and my rod lathe atm for little dowels is a chocolate box i thought a little loom would b hard to make and the tape method for holding down threads was doing my head in so i came up with a method of taping down the threads at the start as shown in the doc ski dvd then using blue tack as my thread holder/ loom either end of the dowel works a treat ,its probably been done a millions time before but havent seen it posted anywheer and was a big help for a beginner like me
    regards mick

Re: Blue tack loom

heres a pic of one of my first weaves using my blutack loom ,not the best but got me started and i'm still keen

regards mick

That's pretty cool Mick!
    Goodonya!
    Looks tight & straight, so you're on your way.
    If you have a look on my web site there's some details on making a loom using a couple of combs.
    http://www.pictoweave.com/cgi-bin/ya...num=1185056505
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

thanks owen for the comments ,hopefully soon i'll upgrade my chocolate box and blutack for a better rod wrapper and loom set up,just need to find some time as we have a 4 week old baby girl and a 3 year old that try's to help me do anything i attempt and for some reason loves to play with my toys
    regards mick

Good on ya for having a go, it's tedious but fun. I'm thinking about having another go at a weave on the rod I am building now.

Adam