Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Awoonga Muster

Re: Awoonga Muster

Gentlemen: As the weekend is drawing nearer, we need to get some firm numbers for Hatchery tour & BBQ on Sunday. I have forwarded PM's to all that have indicated an interest and have received NO positive replies. To be fair to Kurt & Earl I think we at least need to see if worth while holding these agenda's. If not MORE fishing time !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigChiefBarra View Post
    Gentlemen: As the weekend is drawing nearer, we need to get some firm numbers for Hatchery tour & BBQ on Sunday. I have forwarded PM's to all that have indicated an interest and have received NO positive replies. To be fair to Kurt & Earl I think we at least need to see if worth while holding these agenda's. If not MORE fishing time !!!!

Replied to you PM mate.

As much as Id love to look thru the hatchery, Im out, enjoy the week end.

Gary, Iam also out Just can't swing it around the work schedule. The best i may be able to do is swing out and have a chat and a beer around the fire after work on Saturday evening

Cheers Shaun

Thumbs up Re: Awoonga Muster

Sorry would have liked to be thre , but am away on holidays so i took up four mates last weekend and picked up two, 92 cm and a 60 cm between the five of us, enough to get us all back next year lol. we went up Thursday night and came home Sunday so a great time was had, gee the weather changes alot and quickly up there.

thanks stevo
    Life begins when you get one!!!

Have been getting some responses - thank you.

At this stage we cetainly have some starters. Will meet over at the grassed area next to ramp at 13.00.

I personally won't be staying for the Caravan Park and haven't heard too many people mention this. We can discuss this further at the dam.

The hatchery is a goer - I have no idea on numbers and think it best we meet there at 10am Sunday.

Likewise the BBQ - I have had one response and haven't spoken directly to Earl who made the offer. Can talk about this at dam on Saturday too.

Weather could be fun depending in this SE'ly change.

Feel free to call me 0429387753 tomorrow or Sat morning

Cool Re: Awoonga Muster

Gaz,

You blokes will have a great get together I am sure. If I could have had a few days off I was keen but it is a long haul for a few hours fishing Saturday then return Sunday and an expensive trip considering.

(and I just replaced the A/C @ $2,500 this week )

Mind you reviewing your original proposition:-

I've been thinking of how great it would be for some of the local Awoonga fishers to get together .........., even if only for one day.

Gaz
    It seems it has worked out . Have a great time lads!
    Give my regards to Harro it has been a while.
    Copulater
    Daryl

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Kurt, Could you do me a favour and post the below on Aufish as I don’t have access. Thanks[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Posting on Earl’s behalf[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']To All,[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']No changes to the above plan other than NO fire at the caravan park due to fire ban.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']If you’re planning to stay at the caravan park please give Kylie & Ryan a call 07 4975 0155 and let them know you’re staying for the Awoonga Muster. Will most likely stick us drunks down the back corner somewhere.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']I will hand out my address on Saturday for those interested in BBQ. Remember BBQ is BYO – seat, food, drinks, and have a good time. I’ll go to work on Sunday morning and will fill esky with ice.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Weather for the weekend is looking dodgy, so start praying[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Also, Just interested to know how many people will be meeting and/or staying overnight at the caravan park. Need to let Kylie and Ryan know rough numbers.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Any questions please give me a call as I don’t have access to the site 0409 576 193[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Thanks[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Earl[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Regards[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Earl Haigh (aka Bishop @ www.sweetwater.com.au)[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']A/H (07) 4979 3161[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']B/H (07) 4976 2630[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Mobile 0409 576 193[/FONT]
    [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Email haighe@aapt.net.au[/FONT]
    WHERES THEM BREAM?

Well with the first ever Awoonga Assualt done and dusted its safe to say a gud time was had by all. The weather didnt want to play the game with a solid 20 knots blowing consitantly all weekend. But non the less a few fish were caught. Scotty 3 fish sat arvo, Earl 1 fish, Kev loosing 3 and myself loosing a fish. Sunday was awsome with a trip the the hatchery(Thanx Kurt) and learning heaps more about these awsome fish. Sunday arvo was planned with only myself and Lyndon/Justin to hit the water. I landed 1 fish early night. Was a gud weekend.

Im sure next year will be a bit more organised and more people to attend to learn about these great species. If ya not thinking ya may aswell be drinking a way few like to put it.

Cheers Lachy

Yeh good to meet some new faces and hope to see more next year .

As Lachy said, a big thank-you to Kurt for the informative tour of the hatchery - was an excellent learning experience - I particulalry will be dreaming of thos broodstock jack for some time - impressive fish.

Note the three fish I lost were purposely lost three different ways to demonstrate what can go wrong during a fight

Hey I wonder if that old dude at the filleting table Sat night is still working away on that fish

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Barraholic View Post
    Yeh good to meet some new faces and hope to see more next year .

As Lachy said, a big thank-you to Kurt for the informative tour of the hatchery - was an excellent learning experience - I particulalry will be dreaming of thos broodstock jack for some time - impressive fish.

Note the three fish I lost were purposely lost three different ways to demonstrate what can go wrong during a fight

Hey I wonder if that old dude at the filleting table Sat night is still working away on that fish

Kev

I have seen you fish, you don't do anything on purpose Dead right about those jacks though,very impressive. Kurt knows his stuff,learnt heaps Will definately be attending more than just the tour next year, work or not. Was good to meet those that i did at the hatchery though Hopefully next meeting is on the water.

Cheers Shaun

Thanks again gentlemen. As mentioned a great little session regardless of the WIND. Kurt - again thanks heaps.

Look forward to some more casual meet up's, fish & catch-up afterwards.

Sorry I missed out on Saturday night. The brother-in-law, not much of a fisherman, was sooking and wanted to go home !!!!. Will leave him at home next time.

Thanks lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastic_Magic View Post
    Im sure next year will be a bit more organised and more people to attend to learn about these great species. If ya not thinking ya may aswell be drinking a way few like to put it.

Cheers Lachy
    Thanks Lachy

Was that the catch cry for the weekend

Just curious to know if there was an alcohol ban as well

More importantly

You should know - Any time spent fishing for or talking about barra is added to ones life -

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi Chris

No mate no alcohol ban, How could won keep sane. Few of the fellas enjoyed a few beers in a way of sitting back relaxing. Was a good weekend and hopefully next year its on again and it can start turning into a annual event.

Cheers Lachy

hey guys
    just getting back home now from bundy whiting pond harvest. sounded like you guys had a good time out there. sorry i could not show you more in the hatchery but due to my sideways work hours of late and stocking of barra larvae into ponds. good to meet some faces to names, and let you guys know one of the best behaved groups go through the hatchery (at least you guys can follow some simple rules). hate to put a little dampner on it but 2 jack went astray 2 nights after but you cop that with a hatchery in the middle of town. off to bundy they all go.....

hope to have a fish with you guys soon.

thanks heaps

kurt
    WHERES THEM BREAM?

Kurt, How is the barra breeding going at present? Any advances since last time we spoke/filmed?
    Johnny