Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Awoonga Muster

Re: Awoonga Muster

Good Idea about the scoring, plastic. sounds great. cheers scott

gotta be some points for catties, what about the black barra????
    WHERES THEM BREAM?

Things are certainly progressing well on this topic. The evolution of a simple idea of a get together, transforming into an all out Dam of Origin is amazing.

I think the first requirement guys is fielding a team.

Any more dates that us Awoonga boys can agree on ???

Hey Kurt, catties must be caught on lures, bait is too easy. I suggest -1 per catty. cheers scott.

Yer the catty can be the decider, Sounds the go boys. Wat date?

"The dam of origin" could be a really fun thing with a little thought & planning

But surely it should be done as a series " Home & away game" - Do it over a weekend ( Day 1 Awoonga & Day 2 Mondy) - now that would throw the cat amoung the pigeons ......... Even if this was organised at some other stage .
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

yes one day on one dam and one day on another sounds like to go that way test all skill on either location

The Monduran family fishing comp will put another 800 people travelling back on the same road that arvo. Slow boats etc the traffic is usually mad. But i agree less boats on Awoonga.

What To Do

Yep you could have a comp

Or

Have the philosophy of the Awoonga & Monduran crews a little different.

Why not working together towards a learning goal?

e.g. keep it low key and casual, share yarns with better barra fisho's than us.
    Take those lessons, work together pitting us against brother barramundi as this is the foe we are trying to master.

Then come back to camp and all pitch in and really release some good info from everyone in the group not just one like in comps.

Collective Learning and a different feel to other comps we can go in anytime.
    If it's around the 17th i'll be up for it fella's.

This is a different kind of meeting so why not do something different to make it stand alone.

Cheers Lyndon.

Despite my earlier jibing (just joshin' Whitto) I tend to agree with Lyndon's and (I think) Big Chief Barra's original concept of treat the event as an opportunity to share ideas, meet like minded people and learn off each other.

Perhaps something like a get together first to meet everyone, have a yak, talk on what are each other's ideas on tactics based on the weather condtions etc. - even agree on some things we will keep an eye out for whilst out on the water (eg. water temps in different areas, when bites / activity started up in different areas of the dam, what depths any sounded fish where holding in ,what underwater structure were they holding on if at all, what lure rotation/presentation strategies were employed)

Get back together and have a campfire cook-up or the like and have it so each team has the floor at some stage to tell of their experience and report back on the above type of criteria - informally of course, all low key.

I for one would be interested in finding out things for example about did different parts of the dam fire at different times, all together, similar zones in different areas?, what retrieve techniques worked better or worse given environmental conditions noted etc. etc. - hundreds of questions here I'll stop prattling.

I think this concept may benefit all of us more than the aspect of a competition and may be more conducive to sharing information. Obviously each individual will decide internally how much they want to share and also how much learning they will get out of it compared to others - but its got to be worth doing. If we all go into it with the attitude of "I'm going to share information and opinion because I'm going to get so much back from others" - it could be a real opportunity to give us all a lift/step change as Johnny and others have said is needed.

My thoughts anyway. Suggest we put a poll up for either the weekend of 10/11 Oct or 17/17 Oct and whatever gets the most votes is the weekend. Leave that to someone who knows how to start polls

Ths could be bloody good.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Barraholic View Post
    Despite my earlier jibing (just joshin' Whitto) I tend to agree with Lyndon's and (I think) Big Chief Barra's original concept of treat the event as an opportunity to share ideas, meet like minded people and learn off each other.

Perhaps something like a get together first to meet everyone, have a yak, talk on what are each other's ideas on tactics based on the weather condtions etc. - even agree on some things we will keep an eye out for whilst out on the water (eg. water temps in different areas, when bites / activity started up in different areas of the dam, what depths any sounded fish where holding in ,what underwater structure were they holding on if at all, what lure rotation/presentation strategies were employed)

Get back together and have a campfire cook-up or the like and have it so each team has the floor at some stage to tell of their experience and report back on the above type of criteria - informally of course, all low key.

I for one would be interested in finding out things for example about did different parts of the dam fire at different times, all together, similar zones in different areas?, what retrieve techniques worked better or worse given environmental conditions noted etc. etc. - hundreds of questions here I'll stop prattling.

I think this concept may benefit all of us more than the aspect of a competition and may be more conducive to sharing information. Obviously each individual will decide internally how much they want to share and also how much learning they will get out of it compared to others - but its got to be worth doing. If we all go into it with the attitude of "I'm going to share information and opinion because I'm going to get so much back from others" - it could be a real opportunity to give us all a lift/step change as Johnny and others have said is needed.

My thoughts anyway. Suggest we put a poll up for either the weekend of 10/11 Oct or 17/17 Oct and whatever gets the most votes is the weekend. Leave that to someone who knows how to start polls

Ths could be bloody good.

Kev
    Nah thats Ok Kev.....I was deadly serious with my comment.......Now your on the Money in my view....(KISS) Keep it simple stupid.....This is our 2nd year this coming September known as "The Monduran Muster".....some of us have been getting together for a number of years way before the Muster was thought of and we have learned from sharing our Trials and Tribulations.....In your final statement you say (This could be bloody good)....Not could be Kev It Is......I say go ahead and put together an Awoonga Gathering amongst yourselves and prove me wrong....I know you won't regret it.....Good Fire....Good Food.....Good Mates......Good Fishing........Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

there is the strudwick invitational comp on on the 8th, 9th 10th oct that will be extra boats on the water

Can we get a show of hands. Please nominate your preferred date.

Mine is the 17th 18th October weekend.

17/18 October good for me too

Why dont the Awoonga locals drive the 90mins down the road in a couple of weeks time & join us for the Muster ......... not only will you be welcomed but you will get to spend some time & evenings around a fire with a great bunch of like minded fishoes

Cheers

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO