Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woody Point Green Zone

Re: Woody Point Green Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    One doesnt just drift around the woody point reefs for the fun of it, get real.
    mate dont get so upset, if it bothers you so much take photos and ring the authorities, or you can just sit on your backside and whinge about it. your choice

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

In my opinion the introduction of these "Green Zones" are political ! Period

There are quite a few posts here that suggest there is a lack of signage in these zones. ECOfishers QLD are concerned that there is a lack of information out there regarding the new areas of closure. We are talking mums and dads fishing with there kids wetting as line without an idea how these zones affect them.

If anyone has a concern over the new zones or where you can fish, contact ECOfishers QLD and we can assist you. We are here to represent the recreational anglers on these issues.

Green Zones are a no-go area for rec anglers, we should respect that.

Whilst the destruction of mangroves for development and pollution continue to deplete fish habitate breeding areas, we must remain strong

ECOFishers QLD will expose the myth that recreational anglers have a detrimental affect on the marine enviroment

Damo

Do any of you that want these people fined for fishing an area that in all honesty they SHOULD be able to fish in........do you fish offshore? If so what will be your response when the WHOLE coral sea from 4nm out is closed? I dont know about you but I am about to purchase a largish offshore boat. Right now I dont fish in the zone but I can tell you right now that if the coral sea is closed I WILL be breaking the law every chance i get.

Cheers

chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I signed all the petitions that were going around, sent email to addresses given on here.
    I dont like it any more than anyone else.
    Woody point reefs are my back door.
    But if anything good is to come out in the future, then what jepodise it, by breaking the law.
    Benny made a comment, like stop whinging. Grow up mate.
    Cant you see, that its not law for some but all.
    No one is privlaged.
    Do the crime and pay the fine.
    I can just see who will be whinging when they get fined.
    Wont be me, and I think it wont be most people on here.

The only way to get rid of the green zones is to change the Government.
    I’m sure if you highlighted to the LNP that most boaties were against the zones and that as of last year there were 220,000 registered boats in QLD they might be interested in taking a policy on it to the next election.
    That’s enough votes to change Government.
    What other people think about me is not my business: Michael J Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    I signed all the petitions that were going around, sent email to addresses given on here.
    I dont like it any more than anyone else.
    Woody point reefs are my back door.
    But if anything good is to come out in the future, then what jepodise it, by breaking the law.
    Benny made a comment, like stop whinging. Grow up mate.
    Cant you see, that its not law for some but all.
    No one is privlaged.
    Do the crime and pay the fine.
    I can just see who will be whinging when they get fined.
    Wont be me, and I think it wont be most people on here.
    i see it this way, as we all know the education of the public has been pretty poor, the government has not done their job here, there has been a hundred post on ausfish about that point.second point, they dont have enough staff to patrol all of the moreton park green zones all the time.
    So if they had enough complaints about people fishing in the green zones then just maybe they might pay a little extra attention to that area, if they get fined then thats their problem.
    im pretty sure most of the people your seeing out there dont really know that they are doing the wrong thing, whats a green zone im sure they would say, alot of people still dont know squat about the zones, poor education on the governments behalf,Yes. But if its bothering you so much, which it is, why not be a little pro active and let the authorities know, so they know where the problem areas are and can concentrate on them a little more.Cheers BK

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by SgBFish View Post
    The only way to get rid of the green zones is to change the Government.
    I’m sure if you highlighted to the LNP that most boaties were against the zones and that as of last year there were 220,000 registered boats in QLD they might be interested in taking a policy on it to the next election.
    That’s enough votes to change Government.
    They're already on it. The LNP, led by Mark Robinson, Member for Cleveland, have been pushing hard in Parliament to let Rec Anglers back into Green Zones (with one hook per line), combined with properly funded and formulated research to understand the issues, not just a blanket ban ignoring the issues to please the Greenies.

The LNP are particularly interested in the deal Rec Anglers have been receiving all over the State. Ray Hopper, Mark Robinson, Peter Dowling (all LNP Members) and Andrew Laming (Federal Liberal) met recently with Reps from the Rec Angling sector including Chris Ryan of Ecofishers Qld and made it clear that they see and understand the issues, plan to fix them, and will not deal with the Greens on this.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

unfortunately no deal with greens means a loss of preferences..could be interesting to see if LNP stands that line closer to election time.
    (You may get the idea that I do not trust any of them when seats are up for grabs at elections)

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    unfortunately no deal with greens means a loss of preferences..could be interesting to see if LNP stands that line closer to election time.
    (You may get the idea that I do not trust any of them when seats are up for grabs at elections)
    Would be even more interesting if they held that line through an election and actually won! It would give them a full mandate to reverse the zones and do it properly. Maybe then they could start kickin the EPA up the arse to sort out the run off and mangrove problems instead of wasting millions on this GZ crap.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Yeah Greg I know what you mean. But I think they face this little quandry - they want the fisho vote, but know they won't get it if they do a pref deal. They see a lot there with the Angler vote, and the reality is they will never get Green prefs when Labor are so far in bed with them. That can always change though...

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

I can't see a preference deal heading the LNP way with the greens; they have different agendas. I see them wanting to win the next election standing on their own (maybe some independants mixed in for pref) but wanting to put strong policy in place against this issue as well as many others faced in QLD and have that measured rather than rely on someone else getting them over the line. Ballsy approach to take but might be time for that now?

Labor secured 8 seats because of the preferences in play in QLD at the last state election......in my opinion that could be a lot of favours to pay back if that is how the deals are done. It could even have been worth more to them than having a party memeber sitting in parliament.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris