Thread: Norship Marine Light Tackle Slam @ Yorkeys Knob Cairns

Norship Marine Light Tackle Slam @ Yorkeys Knob Cairns

Anyone going in this on the weekend?

Pazz

Re: Norship Marine Light Tackle Slam @ Yorkeys Knob Cairns

I'm midnight's mate in Cairns. We have entered for this and are fishing 8kg. There are some really good prizes and you get a good deal for your entry fee. We have learnt heaps just talking to different people and teh competition is friendly. We missed out last year due to bad weather but are keen this year.

Spool up with 8kg and get into it. We have been preparing for a few weeks now. Midnight captain showed us how to make wind on leaders. YKBC showed us how to rig baits for trolling and gave us heaps of tips. We are pretty new to the tounament scene but you gotta start somewhere.

If you don't go listen on VHF Ch 81 to all the hookups and scheds. Our boat name is "I-MAC". Go to the YKBC on Friday night and see what goes on. There is a breifing for the crews.

Come and have a crack, the weather looks good and improving all weekend.

Yeah mate I'm in.

I'm going on "Flying Fisher 1" I think. Should be good. I've never done anything like this before. Not sure what category we are in. I just have to turn up.

Pazz

Yes im going, but doing Saturday only, also 8kg class. Boat name "Stressless"

Daz

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    Yes im going, but doing Saturday only, also 8kg class. Boat name "Stressless"

Daz
    Good stuff Daz.

I'm only doing Saturday only as well. Weather is looking pretty good as well. Have to catch up for a beer at the weigh in.

I've heard a bloke caught 20+ macks this week out wide trolling. Hopefully a few big buggars around.

Pazz