Thread: Agnes 1770

Agnes 1770

heading up that way for a maiden voyage in a week or so. any beginners marks to break my duck on trout and reds would be Appreciated.. Fishing out of 6.5 quinnie so if weather is on our sides going a few extra miles won't bother us if we can get a feed. PS taking the usual baits but any ideas are more than welcome.. CHEERS Inlike..

Thumbs up Re: Agnes 1770

Great spot mate you will have a great time and the weather is looking good.

Stop at the 'shed' tackle shop on the way into town. He has anything you don't and can give you the most recent drum.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Re: Agnes 1770

Was up there last weekend and didnt do that well. Not to say it wont pick up this weekend. We had a few marks but mainly generic ones from books. Plenty of ground to search. If you want liveys just head straight out of the bar a couple of K,s and look for boats. Easy to spot them and a large area to find the bait in. If weather permits hhead straight out to the reefs(about 60kms) and fish around them. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GREEN ZONE MAP. Up off Bustard Head is alright for searching without specific marks. Just head up there and sound around the rocks out the front. Should start to get the odd mack up there shortly although all we could manage was a small schoolie. Good luck it is one of the best spots on the planet.

Darylive & lump thanks for the info.. Hey Lump its Paul from the Club.. Brett & lionel are coming up also and yeh he said the fish were scarce.. been talking to mate up there today and he has always found that if any winds are on shore you better off in the pub. Brett said that there winds were north westerly. We need to pray for east &southerlys nextweekend.. with a bit of luck we might just drive over some good ground and score a decent feed for the week. See you soon Paul....

PM sent Paul. Give me a yell mate. You will have a ball up there.