Thread: Green Zone Enforcement

Angry Green Zone Enforcement

Has anyone seen an increase in fisheries patrols scince the Green zones have been brought in? I know I haven't. I still hear reports of people being seen fishing and even netting in my old favourite fishing spot Hayes Inlet. It really irks me!!!!

Re: Green Zone Enforcement

fisheries patrols what patrols, I have not seen one yet. Maybe i dont get out enough or maybe they only work office hours.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Its the role of the EPA to enforce the greenzone. In the whole clusterfck that was moreton bay marine park DPI were given no new resources as far as i know. Its the DPI than need the resources, as they are the ones who can successfully manage the marine park. The general noise from the DPI staff is that they have no intention to activly enforce green zones.

Have seen a marine parks vessel launching from Scarborough weekend before last.

The only place you see them every day is Pumicestone passage as they collect all the camping fee's ect at mission pt and normally do a run from 1 end to other of the passage and move any illegal pot ect out of the zones

shane

The state can barely afford to staff essential services, how could they ever hope to staff the enforcement of greenzones?
    They got their pref votes from the greenies, now they'll hope the majority of people will do the 'right' thing and stay out of greenzones. It's all been a sad, sad joke.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Angry Re: Green Zone Enforcement

yep, see boats fishing inside the Scott's Point to Woody point MNP reefs any day of the week! I think you're right on the resources front, and they simply rely on the majority of us doing the right thing.
    Hard work never hurt anyone.......but I'm not takin' any chances!

2005 Four Winns Sundowner 255, VP DuoProp 320HP
    Mongrel thing to fish out of, but I get to go out more often and take the family too!

The state can afford to police the greenzones, you could say they pay for themselves...

I've seen them launch but never been approached, my brothers girlfriend works for the dept of fisheries, they don't get much resources.
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

So how's the signage going? Kate whatsername says 80% of them are up, but is that right?

If people are being seen fishing at Scotts to Woody Point, where else are they being seen? Wonderful example of how the education was appalling...

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

In the whole time I have been fishing around Peel and Wello area (6 years) I have only been vistited by DPI twice, funny thing was it was both on the same day! Although I did see them one afternoon busting four boats of asians at the ramp, there was 6 officers and they were going right through their boats. I suspect undersize fish being kept.

I went 15 years boating without being pulled up by water police or fisheries until i started working weekends and having mon-thursday off, since then i have been pulled up 9 times by water police mainly around mud or peel, it seems the govt wont pay the weekend penalty rates for weekend inspectors.

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    I went 15 years boating without being pulled up by water police or fisheries until i started working weekends and having mon-thursday off, since then i have been pulled up 9 times by water police mainly around mud or peel, it seems the govt wont pay the weekend penalty rates for weekend inspectors.
    LOL!!!

Jees that is sad ...
    ------------------

Liberty III

Sometimes I Fish and Think, Sometimes I Just Fish.

Baithoven.
    aint that a fact, about scotts pt. nearly every day.
    pisses me off when i drive around headland every morning and arvo.