Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 112cm Barra Caught on a Lure Worth 3 Cartons!!! A Sandgroper goes Sunny...

Re: 112cm Barra Caught on a Lure Worth 3 Cartons!!! A Sandgroper goes Sunny...

Matt & Steve you clowns i just had to bite. You got me.

That's a Fishing & Outdoor World shirt from Darwin ya wombats!!! I'll have to tell George (Owner) that you guys reckon its team Cabano... He might change the colours quick smart... Its the first trip i didn't have my Aussie shirt on when in a fish photo, i think Dick thought my shirts were too bright and i looked more like a soccer fan than a fisho, but i said " hey they are genuine NT shirts mate".

Steve you are the shimano and squidgy man. AKA Cabano & Midgy.
    I originally thought you were in training for kfc last year.

Back to the shirt
    I got the shirt up there on a fantastic trip. I'll throw that report up as well but it will have to be later on as i'm going through video footage now writing as much as i can etc. Still catching up.

Buffalos, Barra, Crocs, Cattle, Mustering & more cherished memories & experiences man we live in a great country to explore. Guides, Lure Factories, Tackle shops, Competition fisho's, Kakadu, Daly to Upper Roper region, now that's a region to explore. Get out there even if it's once in your lifetime.

With regards to the size of the barra, it did fight well. It looks skinny as Dick (Sangroper) took the photo with David Jones skinny locker room mirrors!!

If it was taken with the correct lense e.g." Does my ass look fat in these jeans cameras" that are being installed in some shops, it would have looked like Homers drinking partner...

I thought cameras were supposed to add 10lbs. Not take off 10lbs..
    Daryle something here?

Thanks for a good laugh guys & comments.
    Cheers Lyndon.

With regards to the size of the barra, it did fight well. It looks skinny as Dick (Sangroper) took the photo with David Jones skinny locker room mirrors!!

If it was taken with the correct lense e.g." Does my ass look fat in these jeans cameras" that are being installed in some shops, it would have looked like Homers drinking partner...

I thought cameras were supposed to add 10lbs. Not take off 10lbs..

Seemed to remember talking to Trev later, we reckon it was lucky to go eight kilos, sort of just swam to the boat and lay there on its side, must have been on its death bed

Lucky I had the wide angle lens on to make it look half respectable

Just caught up with a few of the trip reports and saw this one. Man, Lyndon.....I almost put up the same headings in our report......insert cooky sci fi music here.

Great fish mate, and would have paid to be a fly around the wall with some of that company.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

We constantly read reports about the fishing, but only a few of us write in a style which talks about the people. I’m posting a diary extract about the people and experiences I’ve shared with them on my most enjoyable trips, I hope you enjoy this approach. Cheers Lyndon.

Lachlan Perkins: This young fella is the type of guy that has respect for people straight up. Something that in my job I at times find rare, especially in the city these days. Being respectful, quiet and a thinker should never be mistaken for not being smart. I love watching his observations, tactics & his mind ticking over while fishing. Watching, learning & listening intently while he retrieves his favourite plastic back to the leader.

You can’t miss the alertness of his eyes, especially when he spots something e.g. “ Did you see that change?”, “ Did you notice those baitfish are working over in that direction”. Which just happens to be 100m away.

All this done while he was in grade 10, yet a lot of adults miss this stuff, me included. He is now working in the Gladstone region with a well earned job.

Now out of school he is advancing continuously past where I see a lot of us were in our 20’s. Accelerated learning is alive and well. I’ve seen 3 or 4 young fella’s like this in and out of the impoundment barra scene and predict they will pass a lot of my generation just by having open minds and looking at things a bit differently. I am of the opinion that this has occurred as a result of going down a learning un-brainwashed path that was found early in life like the Taylors brothers.

Some of us opened those doors later in life, others never open them, but there has to be something bordering on the Matrix going on for people so young to be so far along with their fishing.

Age hasn’t been a barrier which has been amazing to watch. I look forward to watching these guys and how far they can go in the future over a lifetime of barra fishing. Even if it’s just social learning and never guiding or in competition or names that have ever gone to print. Learning and enjoying the process with others is a satisfying goal by itself.

No Gaps Between Generations: More young fellas
    I always crack a smile when I meet a young fella that has gone straight past me in fishing. I laugh to myself nodding my head at times when I’ m along side them knowing they spotted things I didn’t, had the correct retrieve on the day that caught fish and I didn’t. This stuff makes me proud of the good fella’s that are coming through as the next generation of Barra fisho’s and being respectfull people I feel good things will be happening in the barra scene. Just to hear Harro’s tone of voice when at the fireplace one day he said “ Hello Locky” while making sure he turned his head to acknowledge him eye to eye. The tone was meaningfull and direct with the appreciation of his presence being felt immediately by all in camp. Small things in life but by crickey they make me tick with pride long after the event. Conversations between Harro & Lochy were magic with the wise generation sharing gems with the new, and the new being asked questions from Harro who was respectful enough to ask how Lochy would approach the current fishing & how he had gone on his last trip etc. No egos just fella’s learning from each other no matter the age, wealth or status, again I sat with my feet up at the fire looking over Lake Awoonga while thinking to myself “ How good is it to be an Aussie and go fishing and camping with these guys, it doesn’t get much better than this”. Magical trips I hope to share with many of you on here in the future if you will put up with my passion for barra. For me it doesn’t get much better than the above paragraph. I hope you enjoyed a different kind of read, a read about the people that make up our great pastime; fishing.

Cheers Lyndon.

Lyndon, Mate thankyou alot the above post means alot and makes me more determained to get out there and help how i can in the Barra industry. I just enjoy the scene of impoundment fishing. Its always a bonus to catch a fish.

I remember clear as day , the day we met at the house boats at Awoonga, where i had walked up to have a chat while the 40ft houseboat was floating off into the distance haha

Since those days Barra fishing has just been awsome. The Trip to mondy with Trev, Jay, Yourself, Myself and the Mondy boys, The couple days at Awoonga were no fish were caught but a great trip, turning up when Harro had just put Fitzy onto a beutiful big beast, But the real highlight weekend for me was the recent weekend with Dick, Trev, JM, Harro, Yourslef and myself all sitting around at the fire, I learnt bucket loads that night and will be a trip to rememeber.

Thanks Lyndon and I hope many more trips alike.

Cheers Lachy

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pasfield View Post
    Seemed to remember talking to Trev later, we reckon it was lucky to go eight kilos, sort of just swam to the boat and lay there on its side, must have been on its death bed

Lucky I had the wide angle lens on to make it look half respectable
    8kilos What, 4 more like it...

Sorry meant lbs