Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thready's - Breaming bycatch

Thready's - Breaming bycatch

Feeling a little bored last night a mate and myself thought we might go target a few bream to fill our boredem.

Thought we would try a new spot, after catching a few bream on 2inch prongs we saw this massive boil on the surface about 30mtrs away. We ran over and Troy got first cast, a massive hit and hooked onto a massive Jew. Unfortunately he pulled the hooks.

About 5min later we start to see 80-100cm threadfin cruising the bait grounds and we had to have an inquiry. I got first cast and 1000's of jelly prawns we showering over the surface. We see this threadfin of around 90-100 charge my 2inch prong just below surface and launching its head out of the water. A long fight and we finally landed a nice 95cm threadfin. We released it after a few photos. It took a while to release but once we got the water throw its body it released well.

I don't mind this kinda bycatch!

after this we thought we would leave as its getting late and we both have work at 9 next morning.

On the way back to car though, Troy see's a massive boil and lands a cast 10cm from the disturbance. Straight away he is on and after a 5min fight we landed another threadfin at 85cm. Not to bad going on 2inch shrimps conserding we were using light wire TT jigheads.

The pictures:

Re: Thready's - Breaming bycatch

Fark! For blokes in the know like yourself, troy, Rob,Chen etc., these fish are becoming as common as bream!!

Great work again Matt. Champ!!

Jeff.

Haha, thanks mate.

Rob got onto a few yesterday at one of his spots, believe he got 6 on ######s. Biggest around the 90cm mark. Not to bad aye.

Hows the fishing going up your way?

Thanks Matt

Quote Originally Posted by .:::stotty:::. View Post
    Haha, thanks mate.

Rob got onto a few yesterday at one of his spots, believe he got 6 on ######s. Biggest around the 90cm mark. Not to bad aye.

Hows the fishing going up your way?

Thanks Matt
    Mate,
    Fishings average to ok up here, but like I said previously, your fish are a metre, ours are half a metre in length! haha

I'd love to get one of those gold babies.

Keep up the good work

Jeff.

KILLING IT....!!!......shame you didnt get any bream.

Pete

Good fish for light brim gear and one each. Well done boys

awesome guys,
    keep them reports comin,
    spewin these things arent down here..
    Cheers,

Ben

Sweet bycatch mate. I'm going to put this out there. Why is it that the Threadies you (me,anyone) catch during the day seem to have legions on them and the ones caught at nite have none. This is just my observation on the ones I've caught during the day have red marks on em. Is it something to do with the line rubbing on them down deep or what? Anyone? Anyone?

Dave
    Avast ye matey!

Well done guys.

Can't be that cold is it Troy :-)

Cheers

Lee

im going to have to chase those things soon!!! Well done!!

Well done fellas, you certainly have the River Threadies sorted
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Another top session boys. I cant seem to get another one. Ben

Awesome Threadfin! and great photos. Darren

good work boys

any idea why are some silver and some gold color

myway

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Sweet bycatch mate. I'm going to put this out there. Why is it that the Threadies you (me,anyone) catch during the day seem to have legions on them and the ones caught at nite have none. This is just my observation on the ones I've caught during the day have red marks on em. Is it something to do with the line rubbing on them down deep or what? Anyone? Anyone?

Dave
    Not sure mate.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWay View Post
    good work boys

any idea why are some silver and some gold color

myway
    Again, not sure. We have caught one threadfin that will be pure gold and 2min later another that will be a bright silver.

Thanks for all the comments boys.