Thread: Anyone had one of those Marlin Broardbills?

Anyone had one of those Marlin Broardbills?

I was looking on boat point and one of these marlin broadbills came up in a search. Anyone been on one? What do theye rid like with those pod looking things on the front hulls?
    There alloy from what im seeing..
    NO I DON'T WANT ONE!
    just asking questions about them
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Anyone had one of those Marlin Broardbills?

friends brother has one cost around 140k looks the business..well finished and fitted out but have not been out in it as yet...he absolutley loves it went from 5.2 kc to it and doesnt miss it so he says ,,,but so would i if i had just spent that much too....just have too say the paint work is one of the best finishes i hav seen on a alooy boat looks like glass from a few metresback

from all reports they are OK, I reckon the look a bit funny though, the guy across the road from me has one and he loves it, and he has owned a lot of boats before, never been in it though, might go for a spin one day and see how it performs.

i spent the weekend in one a few months back it was the 720 with enclosed hardtop running a pair of 115 4 stroke Yams with only 3900hrs on them and still running like clockwork. I have to say for an aluminium cat it impressed me greatly, it barely tunnel slapped while trolling and also it seemed very stiff underway and had no tendancy what so all to dig a sponson in, so i think those extended sponson seem to work very well. Not the best looking boat out there but very functional. if i had reason to run an aluminium boat this would be very high on the list.

cheer's

Julian

Julian
    How did you go with the sale of your cat?
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love the Marlin broadbill and have fished out of a couple, if I was buying a cat they would be my pick over any of the glass cats.

Quote Originally Posted by -spiro- View Post
    Julian
    How did you go with the sale of your cat?
    Spiro check your PM's, yes its now seriously for sale, as i have purchased another cat

G'day chris

Went

G'day chris

Went over to thursday island in a 7.8m one i think he modifyed it

G'day chris

Went over to thursday island in a 7.8m one i think he modifyed it a

G'day chris

Went over to thursday island in a 7.8m one i think he modifyed it a bit some way or another did get into it with him just heard him mention it to someone else.

To me

Holy crap my computer is losing it

Ill try again Went over to thursday island in a 7.8m one i think he modifyed it a bit some way or another didn't get into it with him just heard him mention it to someone else.

To me it looked 7 metres, on the way over it was about half a metre of chop but on the way back it would have been a good 1.2 to 1.5 of crap every which way and we where sitting comfortably on about 22 knots, he did open it up a bit and it just seemed to go even better.

I was quiet impressed and i have also had a look on boatpoint there is quiet a few on there.

cheers pete...