Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: show us your top barra lures

show us your top barra lures

Heres one to have a bit of fun with. Nothing serious, just a chance to show off some favorites.

They can be hards or softies, favorites, oldies, goodies, new or retired...just post a photo of your favorite barra lures (impoundment or salt)...casting or trolling. Add a story too if ya like....It will be fun just to check out what people like, or what they have had success on over the years. keep it to say 6-12 or so...

Imagine you were only allowed to take a small tray on a trip from Monduran, heading north around the top of Australia, fishing all the way, eventually ending up camped in Dick's back yard in WA!!!.....what would you narrow it down to!!!!...

cheers Steve

In this lot there is a retired trolling classic that has got me more barra than I cared to remember at Awoonga during the troll-a-thon hey days.

Theres a berkley plastic that Katie (JEKS) swapped me for an anchor at ABT....got some good barra on that one...thanks Katie!!

couple of Xraps that did the damage consistantly for the last few years..and an ever faithfull B52.

Old faithfully Stiffy and another favorite 'Flaps' (made for each other)

Theres a couple of newer plastics that I have done OK with....and of course, you cant have a list without a surface popper.

Cheers Steve
    Last edited by Steve B; 17-08-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: forgot to mention flaps!!

Re: show us your top barra lures

Good thread mate after chatting the other day i mentioned i was going to run a hard body thread to follow up a soft plastic one. You have a nice collection there well done and thanks for sharing.

See you up there on the water for a spot of fishn.
    Cheers Lyndon.

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingBarradise View Post
    Good thread mate after chatting the other day i mentioned i was going to run a hard body thread to follow up a soft plastic one. You have a nice collection there well done and thanks for sharing.

See you up there on the water for a spot of fishn.
    Cheers Lyndon.
    Hey Lyndon,

Go ahead and run the hardbody thread...I know what you want to achieve with that style of thread.....its well worth it for everyone if you do...the technical changes etc to lure will be valueble info to share....it will be good.

This one was just to have a bit of fun..chance for everyone to show of a few of their favorites that have value, either sentimental or just plain good!!!

cheers Steve

hey stevie, there are trebs missing on ya b52 and the classic,, do you run them like that or have they been stolen..??.
    deano...
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Cool all good Steve just wanted to make sure people didn't think i was running a thread in a copycat format of yours mate to avoid confusion that's all.

I like your thread idea and reckon it will be a cracker.

Deano those 2 lures look like they have seen some action don't they?

I've attached a photo of a Kokoda soft plastic that got crunched in a great session on Awoonga last year. The hooks stood up well out of the packet which is a bonus. They are often seen on special so keep your eyes peeled for a bargain.

Cheers Lyndon.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Imagine you were only allowed to take a small tray on a trip from Monduran, heading north around the top of Australia, fishing all the way, eventually ending up camped in Dick's back yard in WA!!!.....what would you narrow it down to!!!!...

cheers Steve
    A SMALL TRAY.......A SMALL TRAY???? That's my worse nightmare Stevie. You can make me choose, their all my favorite, hence the tackle suit case/trailer. I'd be like going on a trip without the hair straighter!!!

F18 Classic in guns n roses

Slick rig in drop bear, lorikeet, green grunter...oh hell any colour really

Depth charger, I know their a berkey SP but can't think of the name of them, Nagg knows the one I mean.

As for B52's still to this day we have never had any love on them, i give them a run every trip. Our's must be cursed
    Cheers Kim.

P.S. your not doing a lot to help my IBD

P.S.S. what's with all the avatar changes??? Changin it more that Rod changes his undies i can send you, your boob shirt pic if you like???
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

These are a few lures I've put together.....I suppose I could say they are my go to Lures + a few others.....Unfortunatedly I've lost all my Fishing all my Grandkids and other photos due to my Laptop H/Drive having a melt down......Guess who's getting an external H/Drive to overcome any repeat....anyhow there not alot in the piccie you haven't seen before.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    hey stevie, there are trebs missing on ya b52 and the classic,, do you run them like that or have they been stolen..??.
    deano...

Deano, no the trebbles have been stolen and put on other lures (owners arent cheap hey!!)..the classic is well and truely retired now...I would cry if I lost it!!

Kim, send me that pic!! I will use it...not sure where!!!

cheers steve

sorry, stuffed up!

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    A SMALL TRAY.......A SMALL TRAY???? That's my worse nightmare Stevie. You can make me choose, their all my favorite, hence the tackle suit case/trailer. I'd be like going on a trip without the hair straighter!!!

F18 Classic in guns n roses

Slick rig in drop bear, lorikeet, green grunter...oh hell any colour really

Depth charger, I know their a berkey SP but can't think of the name of them, Nagg knows the one I mean.

As for B52's still to this day we have never had any love on them, i give them a run every trip. Our's must be cursed
    Cheers Kim.

P.S. your not doing a lot to help my IBD

P.S.S. what's with all the avatar changes??? Changin it more that Rod changes his undies i can send you, your boob shirt pic if you like???

Storm wild eye swim shad
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

hey wheres the ninja turtle chris ?

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Storm wild eye swim shad
    with or without depth charge capabilities

Cheers

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by leelee View Post
    with or without depth charge capabilities

Cheers

Lee
    both ...... & one fish was landed last weekend on one too

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Give me these few placcies Attachment 50235 & HBs Attachment 50236 ....... I'll be happy

Cheers

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

These go ok.
    Paulo