Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: show us your top barra lures

Re: show us your top barra lures

Bobby J & Dick,

For some reason my work computer wouldn't show me you pics...now I have seen them.

Bobby, love the killalures....used to get heaps at Awoonga and Faust....but I really love the silver Viper you got...I have a few of them that never failed trolling at Awoonga years ago..thanks mate.

Dick...I have been waiting all day to see that pic...Well worth the wait. One of the biggest fish I have ever seen, topped off by one of the best photos I have ever seen. Its a worthy cover shot in any magazine.

Cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE View Post
    Nagg,,,,,,,,,,,,or ask someone else to hold it, and capture the moment yourself. I often do that, that way I am the only one to blame.
    JM
    & then photoshop my mug onto it ......... that wouldn't be the first time that was done
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Here's a few from my collection.

All have caught metre plus Barra, less the white weedless Bass Assasin.

The small Terminator has caught two good fish this year - a 120 and a 118cm - both on the same day.
    TT

Theo,

Nice collection mate...Whats that black and gold plastic?? looks a goodie.

Steve

That would be an Atomic Guzzler from memory? It has been cut down in thickness with a hotknife and seems to have a good hook up rate compared to other weedless presentations.

Sorry about the 'small' size of the pics. I'm really not too sure on how to post pic's up anymore, anywhere!
    TT

A couple of favourites.

Missing, but not forgoten, is a perfectly suspending Storm Mid Thunder in gold, last seen dangling from a good fish's mouth in a small bay up past D following a reel implosion in the sticks - R.I.P faithfull friend

G'day all,

Heres a few of my favourites for the fresh. They all seem to have their time and place.

My "go to" lures most days would have to be the little fizzer with no colour left on him and the little Flatz Rat (brand new one shown in the photo, as I recently lost his twin brother).

I'll also admit to using the ol' The Producer's "Barramundi Maulers" every now and then (once you upgrade the hardware on them). Cheap lures but hey they work for me.

Cheers,
    Roo.

ok i have here my favs to date....
    My summer favs,,,,few classics and my fav with passion the RMG Psycho pink head!! It has caught maybe 70% of all my barra i carry it in 3m 5m and 8m..... i even have it in a 1ft version The fat or pro alternatives have a place and time but knowing when that is is the trick too them. Bobby dazzler being my fav there.

There a a few fav placcies aswell....no need to name them
    Note the remainder of the last hollow i cast, lost the fish but look what she did to the lure!!! and the lead is barely hanging on to the shank!!

Also some favs from the past winter

oops missed a pic

You using the salt water Nitro on that Hollow in the bottom of the middle pic Rob?
    How do they hold up?
    Matt Fraser, if your reading, whats the chances of getting the Backbone jig heads in 7/0 and 8/0 with lighter heads, say 1/4 and 1/8 ounce?

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    You using the salt water Nitro on that Hollow in the bottom of the middle pic Rob?
    How do they hold up?
    Matt Fraser, if your reading, whats the chances of getting the Backbone jig heads in 7/0 and 8/0 with lighter heads, say 1/4 and 1/8 ounce?
    In the mean time Brother....fire up the Angle grinder....having said that you can only grind so far.....Im going to do one and see how it goes.....can't hurt
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

yeh thats the saltwater nitro, its 4inch hollow and hook size 5/0 1/4 ounce head. cant say if they are better as i havent hooked up since changing over but cant be any worse....

Hey Rob

I can see from you photo the problem with your hook up rate

It would be bloody hard to get those trebles to bite

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingBarradise View Post

I've attached a photo of a Kokoda soft plastic that got crunched in a great session on Awoonga last year. The hooks stood up well out of the packet which is a bonus. They are often seen on special so keep your eyes peeled for a bargain.

Cheers Lyndon.
    The measure of a good lure is not necessarily the price

Quote Originally Posted by A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE View Post
    Watch out for that bloke from the west, he's a quiet legend in many ways!
    I think we are all very lucky to have him on the site, posting, reporting and teaching.
    Cheers,
    Johnny
    Johnny we are keen to see you selections?

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pasfield View Post
    Apologies in advance Steve, I'll go off topic for this post

It was a tripod shot Chris (I do a few of them as I fish alone)

PS putting the boat between water and subject of a night keeps the red eyes of the crocs lurking out of the shot, also provides some sort of security

F'That!
    Dick, the next thing my people will be photographing whats left of you.

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy98 View Post
    G'day all,

Heres a few of my favourites for the fresh. They all seem to have their time and place.

I'll also admit to using the ol' The Producer's "Barramundi Maulers" every now and then (once you upgrade the hardware on them). Cheap lures but hey they work for me.

Cheers,
    Roo.
    The measure of a good lure is not necessarily the price .

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Steve B,

Much success with the Sebile magic Swimmer?

(After all, it's still in one piece)

Matt C