Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: AFC Selections

Re: AFC Selections

Chris,

My apologies mate. I am only half the way through reading the thread and everyones different opinions on the thread. The reason I linked the thread is its very relevant to what we're discussing here. Don't mean to open stitched wounds

I was 16 when I joined ausfish... used to cop crap from all directions. Still do. Don't lose any sleep over it. Still swingin' as you can probably tell Basskid would take it in his stride like we all do. Age is no barrier in the world of opinion.

Alright... for all new Ausfish/Sweetwater members or some that may have missed a very usefull thread on Barra fishing in its current state, then look this way... this is a read you can't miss...

http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/...ic,3730.0.html

Cheers
    Theo
    TT

Re: monduran fishing comp, and politics

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Nicely said Craig

Long time no see mate hope to catch ya on the dam again soon, wrpped up in H that sounds familar from the time I met ya up there.

Yeah Thanks nath , i think the term your looking for is "as useless as tits on a bull" haha , I love wrapping around the trees great fun . Lyndon might recall the last time i seen him there my barra buddy geoff all so known as stubbie holder jumped in the dam and un-wrapped a barra off an under water log !!thats hard core !! we dont recomend this that night we sat around talking about all the bad things that could of happened eg old lures drowning you etc etc.
    Talking about fishing shows did you all see that piss pore 2 second seg on mondy this arvo ??

Whether we disagree with the rules, or agree, i would like to say good luck to the fella's in AFC this week, i have shared yarns, emails or texts with a few and they are excited. So if we put the rules aside for a minute, i'd like to mention the anglers.

Personally knowing Matt, Scott, Cy & Kerrin (4/6 AFC Fisho's) i can say these fella's are good blokes who i wish well, i haven't met the other guys but i wish them well too. I nearly forgot I've met 5/6 after sharing a yarn with Allan at Faust and a couple of years back when i think he won up there. He has interesting thoughts on fishing.

I just wanted to say that even if people disagree on things we can still wish people well in life. People can disagree on Ausfish but still shake hands (some)and wish people well in their endeavours, life's not always about spin rods at 30 paces. But it is good that we don't all agree on everything, if we then use it to learn from.

Steve i hope everything goes well with the production in this hard economic climate. Ausfish members it was great to read some interesting ideas from a lot of different people regarding the fishing. All in all a thought provoking thread.

Cheers Lyndon.

Below Scotty is fishing on a bloody windy day & below him are the Taylors getting ready for a comp in their classic yellow tinny.

Last edited by SeekingBarradise; 01-10-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Forgot i met someone else in the field

Wow what a great read! While I rarely read the freshwater reports as I mostly fish for a feed (as little time I get) this was a great read. I have to get off my but and make my way to one of these fantastic dams to see what all the fuss is about.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

"PRIVILEGED TO BE AUSTRALIAN, PRIVILEGED TO BE ABLE TO FISH IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY"!

You said it all in your signature Lovey 80 THANK YOU MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"I just wanted to say that even if people disagree on things we can still wish people well in life. People can disagree on Ausfish but still shake hands (some)and wish people well in their endeavours, life's not always about spin rods at 30 paces".

Good on ya seeking barradise- couldn't agree more! This thread has been an amazing observation of differing opinions made up of a group of people who all share one thing in common- THEY ALL LOVE FISHIN! At the end of the day guys THATS IT! Aus fish is a great tool that has helped me learn and grow as a fisherman- and it would be a sad day if any one ever tarred us all with the same same brush just because of one persons opinion!!!

The comment "a hand full of aus fish flavoured mud" was completely unnecessary and quite frankly s$%ts me up the wall!

My suggestion to those narrow minded few ( you know who you are who posted early in this thread) who hung us all here at ausfish just becuse of one persons question is to go and get bent! Your shallow comments that slandered all aus fish users were un called for and you should have a think before you bag one of the best fishing info tools of the modern day!