Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: AFC Selections

AFC Selections

just throwing one out there, my brother rang the organisers for a barra basstasstic comp that was to be held at monduran on the 3rd and 4th of october. to his surprise the event has been cancelled. the reason, because there was two members of the club that are also AFC anglers. these anglers are not allowed to fish the venue a few weeks prior to the event, so the whole basstasstic event was cancelled because it clashed with two people and the AFC. that is annoying but thats politics. 2 names were mentioned as the AFC anglers, one was recently relagated but seems to be still in the AFC. this is second hand information so its correctness is not confirmed, someone may be more informed out there in ausfish land, so please let me know the full truth if you are. Does anybody know who has EARNT the new barra AFC position?

this will be interesting to know for sure, if it is who i think it is i'll be very dissapointed in the honesty of the system, and the fact that you dont have to be the best, you only have to have the biggest name! or sell the most product!

Regards

Robert
    Last edited by Braidmaster; 26-08-2009 at 12:17 PM. Reason: see if it gains more interest
    0pen minds, open doors....

Re: monduran fishing comp, and politics

Can you tell me more about this comp and has it been moved to a later date? Can anyone fish it? Cheers Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by setthehook View Post
    Can you tell me more about this comp and has it been moved to a later date? Can anyone fish it? Cheers Rob.
    new dates are being talked about but not sure when. and yes any one can fish it.

if your info correct,,,seems to be same s##t as usuall
    stuff the ordinary guys look after a couple of wannabees...
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Braidmaster View Post
    just throwing one out there, my brother rang the organisers for a barra basstasstic comp that was to be held at monduran on the 3rd and 4th of october. to his surprise the event has been cancelled. the reason, because there was two members of the club that are also AFC anglers. these anglers are not allowed to fish the venue a few weeks prior to the event, so the whole basstasstic event was cancelled because it clashed with two people and the AFC. that is annoying but thats politics. 2 names were mentioned as the AFC anglers, one was recently relagated but seems to be still in the AFC. this is second hand information so its correctness is not confirmed, someone may be more informed out there in ausfish land, so please let me know the full truth if you are. Does anybody know who has EARNT the new barra AFC position?

this will be interesting to know for sure, if it is who i think it is i'll be very dissapointed in the honesty of the system, and the fact that you dont have to be the best, you only have to have the biggest name! or sell the most product!

Regards

Robert
    Robert had a talk to Russell Nowland from the Basstastic group about this and this is what he told me They had cancelled the Barra events at Both Awoonga and Monduran because they clashed with the ABT Barra events there He knows nothing about the AFC or who got in

Robert,

Thanks for another handful of Ausfish flavoured mud. Nothing like venting without knowing any of the facts.

There are no prefish bans for AFC.

The BARRA Tour events are in November/December, which also have no prefish bans.

Feel free to give me a call in the ABT office on (07) 3387 0888 if you need to educate me on AFC selection procedures. As far as I know - and I select the anglers - we're doing it as explained on the BARRA Tour.

There will be a few changes this year that will actually include a wider variety of anglers from the ABT tours.

Cheers!

Steve Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Morgan View Post
    Robert,

Thanks for another handful of Ausfish flavoured mud. Nothing like venting without knowing any of the facts.

There are no prefish bans for AFC.

The BARRA Tour events are in November/December, which also have no prefish bans.

Feel free to give me a call in the ABT office on (07) 3387 0888 if you need to educate me on AFC selection procedures. As far as I know - and I select the anglers - we're doing it as explained on the BARRA Tour.

There will be a few changes this year that will actually include a wider variety of anglers from the ABT tours.

Cheers!

Steve Morgan
    Hi Steve

Out of curiosity ....... who are the barra anglers on this years AFC ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

trev
    your right.... the awoonga event i had a look at the dates in my calendar and they were pretty close. no way that the dam could cope with that motor music. as for the afc and abt robert......... your telling the story.....
    WHERES THEM BREAM?

Chris,

As the format and schedule is still being finalised, not all potential anglers have been notified yet. Will post anglers after it's locked in as long as you can stop the keyboard heroes from wading in!

Cheers,

SM

Trev,

thanks for filling me in, afterall thats what i was after, the truth. i still dont see how the ABT effects that mondy event when its 6 weeks prior.

Steve,

also, thanks for the input, if there is no bans on prefish than i cant understand why i have been told otherwise. again i was after info from people in the know.
    maybe you could expand on the wider variety of anglers included from the tour.
    if not, i spose we shall wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Braidmaster View Post
    Trev,

thanks for filling me in, afterall thats what i was after, the truth. i still dont see how the ABT effects that mondy event when its 6 weeks prior.

Steve,

also, thanks for the input, if there is no bans on prefish than i cant understand why i have been told otherwise. again i was after info from people in the know.
    maybe you could expand on the wider variety of anglers included from the tour.
    if not, i spose we shall wait and see.

I think the ABT prefish ban is only for Bream & Bass ..... with barra its midnight on the day

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Steve,
    'Ausfish flavoured mud'- you might get accustomed to the taste eventually. Sour tastes in viewers' and competitors' mouths, just like the positives will work their way back to the starting point, the same as it does in all business and sporting competitions. When things are as 'clear as mud', viewers will continue to ask questions. Simple.
    Johnny Mitchell

JM,

Apologies your mates didn't qualify for the show.

If you were actually at the BARRA Tour last year, you'd know - first hand - the qualification process.

There will be at least three new barra anglers on AFC this year - Al McNamara (ranked #3 on the BARRA Rankings), Matt Coleman (ranked #4 on the BARRA rankings) and Karl Rembacher, who performed the best across the two AFC venues on the BARRA tour in 2008.

They'll join Cy and Kerrin Taylor and Phil Strader.

Karl qualified in one of the smallest boats in the field - their team name 'Sh1tty Tinny".

Let the consiracy theories begin!

Cheers,

SM

Steve,
    You're quite funny. My mates are actually on the show. Did you not look into it? So when you finally realise that, you may then understand that I'm not a serial $*#t stirrer, but someone who voices what others strongly feel. I don't stand alone with my facts an opinions. If people are still questioning the procedure, and you are actually waiting for 'conspiracy theories' to be born, then it seems to me that you have left a major chink in the armour. That still leaves the 'clear as mud' sign in place. Don't shoot, just because I carry the message.
    Johnny

Thanks Steve, It's great to finally see the afc featuring no 1,2,3 and 4th ranked competitors on the show. It's been a long time coming. Congratulation to Al, Matt and Karl, very consistent and deserving of their place on afc.
    Thanks, scott