View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Regularly catch a number of reasonable sized fish including the occasional meter+

39 84.78%
  • Forgo quantity for the chance of catching the odd big fish

7 15.22%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Size matters? or Quantity (Impoundment Barra)

Re: Size matters? or Quantity (Impoundment Barra)

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Hi Kurt

From my limited experience - Awoonga has it all over Mondy as far as numbers go. ( Mondy has a much greater average length)

I've fished Awoonga for only 16 days & had 4 days with double figure boat captures -

Mondy for 38 days & only 2 double figure days

I would be ecstatic if I had a 2 fish daily average at Mondy

Chris

Tinaroo anglers are used to 2 a week if you're lucky. in january this year i fished 36 nights straight with only a few hits and no fish landed, mostly in heavy rain. i was not the only one. A very good local angler also went weeks between fish in peak season. I live in Yungaburra and have been fishing tinaroo for around a year and have not yet landed multiple fish in one session. multiple hits are not uncommon, however landing the fish is another story. A lot of locals will not fish the dam because of the high hours required to get barra.

Re: Size matters? or Quantity (Impoundment Barra)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_yamba View Post
    Tinaroo anglers are used to 2 a week if you're lucky. in january this year i fished 36 nights straight with only a few hits and no fish landed, mostly in heavy rain. i was not the only one. A very good local angler also went weeks between fish in peak season. I live in Yungaburra and have been fishing tinaroo for around a year and have not yet landed multiple fish in one session. multiple hits are not uncommon, however landing the fish is another story. A lot of locals will not fish the dam because of the high hours required to get barra.
    Hi Yamba ...... I know that is the case with Tinaroo The stocking level is also way behind the likes of Mondy & Awoonga
    My 3 day exposure at Tinaroo (May 08) did lead to a donut - But I still had 3 hookups .......
    Like all impoundments ....... experience , hours & luck count

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO