Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HELP! My Boat Has Been STOLEN!

Re: HELP! My Boat Has Been STOLEN!

Great to see you got it back , hope your back on the water soon.

I think he said he got the boat back, but not the trailer.

That is good news mate good to see you have her back, just hope now the donk runs ok, now all thats left is to get your hands on the ass holes that stole it in the first place, it only a matter of time.

Eric

I am hopeful that there will be video available from somewhere.

I have establsihed from witnesses and other VERY reliable sources a pretty good construct of their journey. I know pretty well where they were on the roads and 3 ramps the boat was seen. I have overlayed this info on Google Earth and tracked the whole thing to hand onto police.

I will certainly be suggesting to the investigating officer that camera footage from the M1 and servos along the way be investigated for the possibility of finding a rego number! I am hopeful that something will come from it!

PS For those that are curious, the boat was fitted with one of those trailer hitch locks ... if you own a trailer you know the one I mean.

Surely there will be some footage from somewhere!!! They really aren't the brightest crayons in the box are they???? I keep hearing the theme for Benny Hill for some reason.
    Keep the updates coming!!!
    So happy you got your boat back with out too much damage.
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Great to hear that you got the boat back, I too hope that the culprits get what is deserved.

Thanks for the info on the hitch lock, this is of further interest to me.

Do you think they somehow removed it (bits left behind?) or do you think they towed it away by the chains?

- Darren

This is a classic. Hope you get em. They didn't drop into Home by any chance on their way did they? To a boat shop? etc Be nice to know how and who the scum dispose of stuff.

You have bought a smile to my face reading this.

Get the motor fully serviced under insurance, impeller etc and if a computer one get a downdload of engine temps. If it stuffed or has been hot claim it now.

Was the trailer hitch a proper cast one or just a metal padlock one? Cut the lock, sledge it or angle grind it?

We have marked our trailer in a couple of extra spots with number and letter stamps so if it gets stolen and they rebirth it they wouldn't notice the numbers ( just look like part numbers) on the chassis , axel etc.We took photos We will recognise them if we were ever to find it again. Have done the same on motors and props etc.

Police barely have time or resources to fill out paperwork. If you know exact times and dates like you do I would show the police report to the businesses with cameras along that route and see if they will review their tapes or allow you to view them. At least request they put that day aside so police can later do it if they refuse you to look at it. We did the same with a house break in and corner store had a camera that had the bloke buying smokes fitting a description a passer by gave. Police didn't have time to get it but once we found the video we had them attend and amazing how fast they got the bloke and he confessed once they had the pictures - other police recognised him - they know the regulars. Solved 5 breaking that day as the bloke was so thicjk he admitted to other ones they didn't have video of. Saw him wandering the street 3 months later so we know the legal system is a thing of beauty. He has since moved area since we approached his doorstep and his neighbours and told them what sort of bloke was renting next door.

JD
    If you do find some pictures of the culprits or the car.
    Post them up here for all to see. No need to say anything or name or speculate who they might be.
    48 thousand fisho's will then know who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by rando View Post
    JD
    If you do find some pictures of the culprits or the car.
    Post them up here for all to see. No need to say anything or name or speculate who they might be.
    48 thousand fisho's will then know who they are.
    Gladly!!!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures

Great news on the find through the hard , worrying effort it must have been

Cheers
    Chris

JD, any news on your trailer yet?

sorry to hear the news bloody nice boat hopefully she will come home ar-e holes with nothing else to do but to touch other people pride and joy hate it

It just goes to show what sort of Balls the low life mongrels must have to knock off a boat as distinctive as this one is.... Sure hope you get it back and in one peice

Congratulations, a good result. i hope these little f*#kers get whats coming to them. common street trash scumbags.
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

mate id be like a wild animal, im so sorry mate ,lotts of eyes are now looking mate lets hope for a little luck and you get her back