Thread: tyer size on the rodeo

tyer size on the rodeo

looking to upsize the size of rubber on my 96 rodeo ute, i have been told lots of different things from salesman but its down to ither 32/11.5/r15 in maxxis mudders or 31/10.5/r15 in micky thomsen MTZ, the ute has been lifted but the micky t bloke told me that the 32s with scrub and will have trouble with them in the bush, any help will be appreaciated. thanks mick.

Re: tyer size on the rodeo

I had 31 on my last rodeo, they didnt scrub but i would say 32 would.

I recon if you went to 32s the fuel econ would be shocking.

neil

Re: tyer size on the rodeo

Mick,

I think you would be dissapointed with the 32" tyres as they have an adverse affect on the gearing, makes it too tall and you will give your clutch a hard time.

I went through a similar decision about a year ago, my choice would be 245/75R16. I feel that there is an advantage in the 16" wheels.

I ended up putting 16x7" Prado steel wheels with 225/75R16, this combination increases the track to is legal limit an also the tyre diameter to it legal limit.

The Prado wheels are 1" wider than the standard Rodeo wheel and the extra width is on the outside of the wheel.

I have found that the 31x10.5 R15 tyres to be less than ideal for side wall strength and prefer the light truck (LT) tyres in the sizes mentioned above.

All in all I love the Rodeo, I still have a 96 Dual Cab 4X4 2.6 petrol, had a 2003 RA Dual Cab 4X4 3L TD now have a Colorado 4X4 Dual Cab 4X4 3L TD Auto.

Have fun

Eamon