Thread: who stretch there arms

who stretch there arms

you see so many photos with people holding fish with there arms outstretched these days. has fishing got that bad . to me it spoils a photo what do you think sure makes a big fish but a awfully small head holding it

Re: who stretch there arms

I take photo's for my own memory not to brag about how big something was.

For me it is no out stretched arms for sure.

It is all about the fun and memories

Eamon

I always stretch out my arms with a smaller fish, not because it appears bigger but because i want the fish to be the focus of the shot... to me theres not much point of taking the photo if the fish is 4kms away and holding it out allows the fish to be in focus while keeping the person in the shot.

When you get a fish that you can't physically hold out in front, now theres a shot

I know a guy that always stretches his arms.....but then again his name of Tiny is very apt seeing he is onlY 4'6" tall.

I agree to an extent with what you are saying though, overall sizes have dropped remarkably and numbers are well down, however I also believe that fish are very good learners and almost systematically avoid boats and danger areas.

For example, wave slap on boats shuts them down quite well as whilst i am out in my kayak with no wave slap I am usually getting moderate to good interest in my presentations. If a boat drifts to within about 20 metres of me the action dies all but completely. Not once but almost every singe time. If you are a boaty you are well advised to address the attitude of your boat to minimise or eliminate wave slap for much better results.
    Jack.

i normally have the opposite problem,,,,, most of my fish are too big to get into the frame of the photo,,,, so i'm forced to stand way way way back,,,,,,

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

I have only ever had one pic of me in any pic holding a fish and that was a group pic. Why not take a photo of the fish on its own?

Now that there are brag mats available from tackle stores....the actual size of the fish will be shown.
    No sense making false claims with a brag mat.

Jason.
    FISHING IS NOT A HOBBY...................IT'S AN OBSESSION!!

I have a photo of me on Moreton holding out a 20cm bream when I was about 5 metres away from the camera,, trying to take the pi$$ out of those that hold them out. Bream was thrown back after it's brush with fame.

ahh fisherman tell no lies me matey

Its done on purpose to emphasize the fish. NOT THE SIZE OF THE FISH, but the fish itself. Have you also noticed the angle these supposed braggers hold the fish at too?

Its to show the FISH, THE ANGLER and the BACKGROUND in an actual photogenic matter. Not you holding the fish a mile away with mostly the angler and the background dominating the shot. The point of it is to show the fish.

Look at all the decent magazine covers. You don't see the pro photographers taking photos of people holding fish so far away that you have to squint to work out whats going on. I'm not talking about QFM either. Modern fishing has some of the best pics in any fishing magazine Ive laid eyes on. It is a credit to their photographers to make the covers and articles have quality photos unlike QFM where any big, dead, bleeding fish is good enough.

We wonder why the greenies have a go.

Just my opinion,

but if you want to take a better photo of the fish,

the photographer should move in closer.......
    and use a reference point as to the size of the fish, EG, a hand around/near the tail, or sit the fish on a rule or brag mat.

ALL of my fish photos are taken with the fish held against my chest,
    or in hand for smaller fish of note,

holding the fish out only brings the claim of size into doubt.....

Muzz

Just an example