Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ASS (Another Somerset Session)

Re: ASS (Another Somerset Session)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Chris,

very interesting read. Mate you have just experiences you first smashed school of somerset bass. They are gun shy now.They are shutting down the moment you get over them (pic 1 shows semi active fish heading to the bottom to sulk)...vibration lures??? they would have seen thousands in the past 2 weeks with the ABT prefish, and everyone else getting into them since the get-to-gether. Its a classic example. Second sounder shot looks more like a double rebound beam reading, sensitivity might be up abit much.

All in all, thats still a good session, ice jigs!! Why?? no noise, small presentation...deadly on sulking bass to get a reaction.......did you try dropshotting??

cheers Steve
    Thanks for the comments Steve

Just for the record

Same sensitivity ........ 100M apart
    1st photo ...... I pulled a fish within seconds of the photo being taken (the lure was in the water at the time of the photo) .......... the screen shot was pretty representative of the day

Pressured fish for sure but I never tried dropshotting on the day

Yeh Steve ..... still happy with the session - had some fun .... particularly with the lost fish

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

http://www.brisbanefishing.com.au/fo...ice-jigs-cheap

you getting a piece of this action mate??

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post

Never been on , Brian
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Well done Chris, good report mate.

About three years ago i offered to put a fax and a sat phone in my hornet so i could work on the water and the bugger just laughed at me.

It's just not fair.LOL.

Cheers,
    John.

apparently your fame has spread far and wide, in the classifieds for ice jigs for sale

Snap em up quick a guy caught 19 nice bass at somerset today on ice jigs thats all they would take out of an array of lures he said.

un-quote

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Well done Chris, good report mate.

About three years ago i offered to put a fax and a sat phone in my hornet so i could work on the water and the bugger just laughed at me.

It's just not fair.LOL.

Cheers,
    John.
    you know I can work ....... while I drive & fish
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    you know I can work ....... while I drive & fish
    Yes that's a fact, you have always got that phone to the ear and i reckon that you could talk under water with a mouth full of gravel, lol.

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Interesting though that the school is STILL there at all, what is holding them there??
    Pete.
    A % of the bass school up every winter thinking they will spawn, doesn't happen without reaching saltwater water though. This year it seems the bulk of them have chosen that area for one reason or another, it's about 500mts Sth of where they were last year and 500mts Nth of where they were the year before. They will stay schooled in the general area until they work out they can't spawn then they'll split up, maybe about Sep - Oct. In that time they'll probably go hot & cold - break up a little, reform, sulk on the bottom ect ect, all depending on angling pressure. So mid week is best and avoid fishing a few days after comps.
    The Bass Bounty comp fished there last weekend and most guys hit the school, 1st sess the fishing was great, 2nd & 3rd sess it was a struggle.
    Chances are that school at spot X isn't the only school so it would pay to do some searching around the dam.
    Cheers

apparently your fame has spread far and wide, in the classifieds for ice jigs for sale

Snap em up quick a guy caught 19 nice bass at somerset today on ice jigs thats all they would take out of an array of lures he said.

un-quote

lol
    If thats the case ...... & Gazza found a similar comment in Tacklewarehouse - maybe I should get a cut of sales from Nils master

Who knows ........ I've got a feeling I'm going to smak em on hollowbellies next

Ahhhhh the influence of Ausfish on world tackle sales - I can see Gary Yamamoto & Mr Ito reading these pages right now

Cheers

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hey Chris mate top stuff figured you would nail a few mid week I will be out there on the weekend.... Hard to ponder that the same school Prinny and me discovered 2 weeks ago is hanging in there, weird bloody fish these bass....

They must think its some sort of theme park ride Flashy thingy comes down woosh up we go, giant grabs ya, a flash goes off and back in

Anyhow mate top stuff....

Prinny, and whitto you pair stay the weekend whats this friday stuff! Go get em boys

I certainly had alook at it
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Hey Chris mate top stuff figured you would nail a few mid week I will be out there on the weekend.... Hard to ponder that the same school Prinny and me discovered 2 weeks ago is hanging in there, weird bloody fish these bass....

They must think its some sort of theme park ride Flashy thingy comes down woosh up we go, giant grabs ya, a flash goes off and back in

Anyhow mate top stuff....

Prinny, and whitto you pair stay the weekend whats this friday stuff! Go get em boys

Good luck on the weekend boys ...... because the fishing has got even tougher ( Gaz 9 bass , Me 8 bass) - no big fish & the schools are scattered & thin.
    Dont sleep in lads ....... as the best bite was very early (4 fish in 5 mins including a double first up) Attachment 49769
    Then the morning was a real hard slog
    Daryl got the best fish of the day @ 49cm - but he struggled too

All up real real tough.

So be out there fishing before sunrise

Cheers

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Just had a LL report from Glenn (Blue Horizon Stalker)...said he met up with you all....he ended up with 12 fish boated nothing of real size...still a good effort....it might be now worth looking a little further south to try and pick up another school....unable to go tomorrow have to go back to the Doctors with the wife for other test reports.....There's allways next week......So well done all another noice day in Paradise......Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Good luck on the weekend boys ...... because the fishing has got even tougher ( Gaz 9 bass , Me 8 bass) - no big fish & the schools are scattered & thin.
    Dont sleep in lads ....... as the best bite was very early (4 fish in 5 mins including a double first up) Attachment 49769
    Then the morning was a real hard slog
    Daryl got the best fish of the day @ 49cm - but he struggled too

All up real real tough.

So be out there fishing before sunrise

Cheers

Chris
    Thanks Chris

Spoke to Gaz this arvo just after you dropped him off and he said although the results were quite pleasing, it was still a comparatively tough slog to the cricket scores you boys were achieving.

Still how nice to be on the water. Looks like Gaz is now a confirmed starter for the Muster so all good.....I have 1 deckie.

We'll rock up either late Friday night for the Muster or sparrows on the Saturday and rock out either Monday or Tuesday....brownies dependant. Looking forward to sharing a few yarns again as always.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Just had a LL report from Glenn (Blue Horizon Stalker)...said he met up with you all....he ended up with 12 fish boated nothing of real size...still a good effort....it might be now worth looking a little further south to try and pick up another school....unable to go tomorrow have to go back to the Doctors with the wife for other test reports.....There's allways next week......So well done all another noice day in Paradise......Whitto
    Glenn looked like he knew what he was doing

We were talking about looking south ........ I located a school near red rock the other day ........ unfortunately I had battery issues ( flat from a left on sounder over a couple of days ............ & never got the chance to put enough charge back into it ) - - -- DARYL to the rescue

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO